/*

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Weekend Recap

I'm sick. *sniffle sniffle* Must be a relapse of my bird flu.

Let me recap all the things I DIDN'T get to do over the weekend.

Friday night, I didn't get to go to Dinah's, which is this diner near the airport famous for its huge fried chicken meals. Since I really like fried chicken, and I really like to over eat, I was pretty disappointed. Plus, a few people were getting on a plane that evening, so it was sort of a holiday dinner thing and I had to miss it. Boo. I also didn't get to go over to Jessie's place, where a group had gathered to play various parlor games. Sad.

On Saturday, I didn't get to do any Christmas shopping, or any of the seventeen loads of laundry I needed to do. I also didn't get to go to the midnight screening of THE ROOM. I read Thode's blog about the movie today and I'm sad I wasn't there to participate. Waah.

I also missed a dim sum outing Sunday morning, and a poker game Sunday evening.

And did I mention I didn't get to do any Christmas shopping???? Our office xmas party is Tuesday and I don't have a single gift for anyone. And I'm pretty sure that those charming Sareet coupons ("Good for one hour of babysitting," "Good for vaccuming the living room" "Good for doing one load of laundry") that I used to make and give my parents when I couldn't think of anything to give them, would not be welcomed by my co-workers.

What I did do this weekend was lay on the couch, blowing my nose raw (at one point I started thinking there should be some sort of nose guard that you can clip onto your nostrils so your nose skin doesn't get all red and sore from the tissues) and watching horrible tv. Like five hours of "Red Carpet Moments" and crime shows like "Body of Evidence" on Court TV. Man, there's a lot of crap on tv...

4 Comments:

Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Hey woman,

I couldn't track down your e-mail in a timely fashion today, so, you missed my invite for lunch on the 27th in Flint. Probably at Fuddruckers or someplace else that's fun, laid back, not at all fancy, and will let us sit there for hours (also good for vegetarians--it's one of Kari's favorite places because of their grilled cheese, and I figured if Kari liked it and she's vegetarian, than there was a possibility that Melissa would be happy there as well if she decided to attend, as long as she can get past the sight of huge full pound burgers....)

Also, you are invited to my mom's party of course. That's on the evening of the 23rd. I didn't think you would be able to attend, but my dad was very concerned that I didn't invite all of my college friends adequately, so, please consider this your invite:)

If you need details, call me.

I hope you are feeling better:).

11:51 AM  
Blogger S said...

I can't make your mom's party, but I'll be there for the lunch! Thanks for the invite. I'll call you later for the specifics!

9:33 AM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Fantastic:) See you there! It looks like it will be you, me, Andy, Laura, Jessica, Kari, Ron, and of course I will be bringing Kevin (I don't know if Jess and Laura are bringing their husbands or not).

I really don't mind leaving Kevin home to hang out with his family if he wants to, so I am giving him the option of coming.

Have a safe trip. We are travelling tonight!!!

3:55 AM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Oh hey, are you feeling better yet?? I hope so!

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home