/*

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

In Other News...

Pig has love handles. And a harmless cyst on her ear.

Took her to the vet last Friday to check out the possible wart/mole/cyst/tick that Thode had spotted a few months earlier. Turned out not to be a tick, but a cyst. Vet said that if I want to have it removed, I have to have it done now, before it grows any bigger b/c ears are not a good place to have surgeries since the skin can't stretch together to stitch up. But, he said the best thing was to just leave it alone - especially since it's harmless and doesn't bother her. So, we'll leave it alone. It's a beauty mark - like Cindy Crawford's mole.

Then he pointed to some "muscle" around her waist and said, "See those? Those are love handles." Apparently Pig is overweight, maybe by about 4-5 lbs or so. He says she doesn't necessarily need to go on a diet, but she should watch what she eats.

I don't know what he's talking about. I mean, come on, she only eats 2 1/2 cups of food a day. Plus maybe 2-3 cookies. And sometimes a Greenie. Or a rawhide chewie. Oh yes, then there's the corner of my toast every morning with a bite of fried egg, a few pieces of lettuce from my salad at lunch (it's only lettuce!), a treat she gets from my coworkers when she comes to the office, a bite of whatever Trader Joe's frozen entree I've heated for dinner, and small helping of ice cream for dessert. That's not a lot of food...

I think she, like many women, is putting on the weight at "work." Afterall, she does provide a daily cleaning service for the streets of West Hollywood by eating gum and other bits of food laying around.

2 Comments:

Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Haha, that's funny, because Chloe, Bandit, Cocoa, AND their mom (me) all need to go on diets. It's funny, because Chloe only gets 1/3 cup of food a day, sprinkled with oatmeal, all she can eat hay, water, and then a small little 'sprinkling' of food in her dish at night because I feel badly that her dish is totally empty and she looks so sad and hungry.....

And Bandit and Cocoa only get 1/2 c of food a day to share, plus hay, plus oatmeal, plus the additional food I give them at night when I "sprinkle" Chloe's dish with more pellets, because I know they can see me give her something and I don't want them to think I am playing favorites, even if their dish isn't empty.....

6:38 AM  
Blogger S said...

It's funny how we treat them like people...

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home