/*

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Denver Ski Trip - Day Three

So Max and I, much to my surprise, did not wake up Sunday morning to a white washing, despite our rather "Unfunny to the Lame-O's but Hysterical to the Cool Kids Snowball Ambush" the night. Had I been the victim of a snowball attack while I was sleeping, you can be sure someone would have woken up with a bucket of snow on their face. When I relayed the story to Thode she remarked that had it been her she would have sought revenge by laying a snowball gently near the offender's ass and letting it warm/melt while the person slept. Remind me to make sure she's in the Cool Kids crowd if the occasion ever arises again!

Anyway, as I was saying, I think Max and I were the first ones up again. Since Max was using the bathroom attached to the master bedroom (which we got that night), I tiptoed out into the hallway to use the other bathroom. The door was partly open, and when I tried to push open the door, there appeared to be a sleeping bag caught underneath it. Weird. Who left their sleeping bag in the bathroom? I pushed on it harder, heard someone mumble, and realized SOMEONE WAS SLEEPING IN THE BATHROOM!! Turns out it was AD, who felt guilty about 1.) sharing a room w/ Courtney and Josh since he's quite a snorer and 2.) Courtney's snowball injuries, which had apparently really hurt her. :(

Anyway, I noticed that Benjamin was awake too and told him maybe it was time to wake everyone else up. He replied that he was pretty scared of waking up the Lame-O's. Same with Max, who didn't quite feel comfortable waking up the very people we had tortured just hours before. But eventually the rest of the group slowly started to move and the Cool Kids had some 'splainin' to do.

Luckily the Lame-O's weren't that mad any more, although they were curious who exactly threw the snowballs. Here we were vague, although I did sneakily reply that "I didn't throw a snowball." And under my breath, "I just made them." Heheh. By the way, AD called me "The General" after the Snowball Ambush - since I was the one who came up with the idea, yet didn't actually take part in it. I did point out it still makes me an accomplice, so I'm still in trouble even if I technically didn't throw a snowball. This, I've learned from countless hours of People's Court -something about joint liability, according to Judge Marilyn Milian. Who is awesome. Yet another sign that I'm 27 going on 72.

I guess what happened to poor Courtney was since she and Josh were sharing a single bed, and since she happened to be closer to the door, she was the one who got hit in the face twice. Josh escaped with no injuries - and in fact wasn't even sure what happened. Poor Courtney - we all felt pretty bad about it.

We had to check out by 10:00 a.m., and had started talking about whether some would stay longer in Vail for a second day of skiing, when we got a phone call from Nick, who said according to weather reports, a huge snowstorm was on its way to Denver - and that airports might be closing and that there were already huge traffic jams from Vail to Denver as people fled the mountains. Well that settled it. Everyone had to head back to Denver and quickly, so we all moved our little asses, packed up, cleaned and moved the furniture back to its proper place.

Here's a pic of Amol, holding up a mysterious unclaimed black sock. Had I checked my luggage, I would have realized it was mine. Now my other black sock is lonely. :(



On our way back to Denver, we stopped at Frisco for breakfast at a place called The Butterhorn Bakery & Deli. We had wait a bit to be seated, since there were only about 8 tables in the little restaurant and there were 10 of us, but it was worth the wait. We seperated into two tables, had a great breakfast, and I even bought a loaf of banana bread and a loaf of cinnamon raspberry bread to bring back to LA.

Once we got to Max's place, and hauled our hundreds of bags of luggage into his apartment, most of us sat down to do some NCAA basketball watching. A few others - Reggie and Julia, Amol & Annie went off to do some exploring of Denver. I napped for awhile, and Max and AD went to the grocery store and came back with a smorgasbord of junk food - pizza, fritos, triscuits & easy cheese, Cadbury eggs, etc - which we feasted on until dinner time.

We had decided to go to Red Lobster since there was one relatively close by, and there are none in LA. The drive was a bit scary - it was definitely storming, and when we got to Red Lobster, there were only about 4 other patrons. Luckily, this meant we got pretty good service.

I think we all knew this would happen - after the meal, a snowball fight broke out in parking lot of the Red Lobster. There wasn't nearly as much snow as there was in Vail, but the snowball fight lasted for awhile and it was fun. My aim got worse and worse as my pitching arm started to hurt, and I was generally sore all over from skiing the day before, so after awhile I just handed my snowballs to Max and AD, who had much better aim. We finally called it quits after a while and then headed back to Max's apartment for a short night's sleep.

We had to get up super early in the morning (like 3:00 a.m. early) so it was painful to everyone. We made it to the airport fine, got on the plane fine, slept all the way on the plane, and made it back to LA - about 45 minutes late, since we spent a ton of time in the plane de-icing. Which I didn't notice, since I was passed out.

Once we got back to LA, the last hurdle was making it back to our cars. We had to wait for awhile for our shuttle, and when it never came, we took another shuttle to hotel close to Amol's (he lives in a very hotel-y district) and walked back to his place. We must have been quite the sight - seven people dragging luggage along gigantic LA roads. Sort of like the homeless - but with suitcases instead of shopping carts.

Here we are waiting for the shuttle.


Anyway, that was the trip - it was soo soo much fun!!! Except the skiing part. ;)

Julia also recapped the trip - hysterically - so check it out here.

1 Comments:

Blogger 3am wanderer said...

Maybe this was inappropriate, but when I saw that picture of Amol holding your sock, I immediately captioned the picture in my head as, "Amol holding a black magnum condom."

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home