/*

Friday, March 17, 2006

"I Wonder What Would Happen If...."

So I was having some soup at the office and decided to share my crackers with Pig, since I couldn't very well share the soup. At first I fed a few to her, and then I gave her an open packet. She very quickly figured out how to pull out only the crackers and leave the wrapper on the floor.

I was so proud.

I knew she could open fortune cookie wrappers, and eat only the cookie, leaving the wrapper and fortune slip behind (usually), so I decided to give her a unopened packet of crackers to see if she could do the same with it.

She started out strong, tearing at it with her teeth. She used her left paw to secure the cracker packet, and then added her right paw, and I really thought she could do it. Then she put the whole packet, wrapper included, into her mouth and started chewing.

Stoopidly, I watched her, thinking that eventually the wrapper would tear. It didn't.

By the time I realized what was about to happen, it was too late. She ate the whole packet, wrapper and all.

My apologies to Thode, who will be taking care of Pig this weekend while I'm in Denver, and who will probably spot the cracker wrapper again...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No sign of it yet! Then again, I haven't really been inspecting...

11:03 PM  
Blogger S said...

I haven't seen it yet either!! Maybe it's still floating around in there???

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home