/*

Monday, March 06, 2006

March 1st - Progress Report on My 2006 Resolutions

It's a few days after March 1st, but I'm bored at the office and have already surfed the internet for hours, and even made up a Project Runway trivia quiz for the people who are coming over to watch the finale on Weds, so I figure it's a good time to reflect.

1.) Be healthier
Unfortunately, the gym-going has not been....um going. It's not to say I've completely stopped exercising - it's just that on a good week I make it there TWICE. That's on a good week. I really need to get back into the habit of going. Speaking of habits, I've also picked up another one - eating fastfood. This has to stop. I've read Fast Food Nation, I'm familiar with most of the nutritional information provided by various food chains (although had I known there are only 250 calories in breakfast burrito at Del Taco, compared to the 450 calories in the bacon, egg & cheese quesadilla, would have most definitely chosen the former this morning on my drive back from the airport) but I still find myself pulling up to the drive thru way too frequently. So, yeah, time to work on exercising and eating better.

The flossing has been less frequent than last month but I seem to have upped the vitamin taking. I'm like a SIMS character - I just can't seem to keep all the little bars/meters on "full." And Pig's teeth have been getting a brush only about once a week, so I need to get back to doing that.

However, I did finally install that water filter on the kitchen faucet, so I consider that to be a huge boost to my overall health.

2.) Do things besides playing poker online and watching TV
Well, this one's not so great. I've been watching a lot of tv lately. Tons and tons. But luckily, Max's mom and grandma sent me some books about Ireland, and mysteries set in Ireland so I plan to get back to reading. Thanks guys!

3.) Donate
Done. Just now.

4.) Work more efficiently
This has actually gone okay. I'm still wasting a lot of time (obviously) but I feel like it's been a pretty productive work month. So I guess I need to just keep at it.

1 Comments:

Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Sounds like you aren't doing too bad. I thought you had become one of those gym-going types only a few weeks ago:)

I think it's funny that you compare yourself to a Sims character. I couldn't help but imagine you animated after you made that comment. haha!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home