/*

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Digital Camera

Time for me to buy my own digital camera. I have pics from Amol of our ski trip this weekend, but am waiting for more from others before I post up my recaps. I think I've already annoyed Josh this morning by asking..

While I wait, patiently, does any one have any good recommendations for digital cameras? I have no idea what to get, so the liklihood of me walking into a Best Buy and finding the first person with a Best Buy blue polo t-shirt on (which will take at least 20 mins, and he will not be the right guy so I'll have to wait for him to find the right guy, who inevitably will be the guy flirting unsucessfully with the the token girl in the cd/dvd section...) to tell me what to get is really really high.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have sony cyber-shot DSC-P41. sounds lame, but it works really well. i got mine a long time ago- it's 4.1 "megapixels," the silly word they make you say to find out how detailed of a picture you can take. they say that people now need more than 4.1- i still think it's good. it prints really good quality 4x6 photos even if i take them on a lower memory setting (means you can take more pics before you have to get a new card or whatever. i also got an extra card, so i can keep lots. because i'm a dork.) if you want to make, like 16x20 prints or something, you should get one that's a lot more than 4.1- the best buy guys like to talk up the BIG MEGAPIXEL (which really makes me laugh). bestbuy.com has discounts and free shipping on dig cameras right now too.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Thode said...

Yeah, don't bother with anything more than 5 megapixels - unless you are making wallpaper, it will never matter. Spend the extra cash on a big ole memory card! That's worth it's weight in gold. My Canon and my friend's Fuji are both better than my Sony, if that helps.

8:47 PM  
Blogger S said...

Thanks guys!

Can anyone explain to me what I need to look for in the "movie mode" part of the camera? I want to be able to take video too... how does it work? I see that it's described in terms of frames/second - if I want it to look like normal video, how many frames/second do I need?I feel like the answer is 30, but I can't seem to remember - shame on me - what a waste of video classes in school!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home