/*

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Weekend Recap

So I've been crazy busy having fun these last few days. It all started midweek when I was an extra for Thode's music video. She needed an audience to watch a juggler. Very fun and exciting, although I got shy and didn't want to actually be in the video so I sat in the back of the theater. However, I heard Lypstykgirl and Josh, who weren't shy and sat in the front are featured prominently in the video now, so that should be fun to see when it comes out.

Thursday was Reggie's birthday party. Also really fun. We went bowling - I did horrible. Not really surprising since I'm not much of a bowler, but I did worse than I normally do. Maybe it was because I was busy taking lots of pics and boring videos. I've noticed I turn into my mom when I have a camera in my hand. It takes me a while to find the camera in my purse, I make people pose forever before finally figuring out the shot I want, I accidentally take pictures of walls and feet because I don't know it's on, and I make people re-enact things all so I can get in on camera. Max has threatened to return it.

I was supposed to go dancing on Friday night, but just really couldn't muster the strength. I am a notorious "go out one night" kind of girl. On occassion I can do two nights in a row, but three? That's unheard of. I may be 28, and look 25 in low lighting and if I'm properly moisturized (so I tell myself!), but I have the energy of a 86 year old woman.

Anyway Friday night I was honestly in bed by 10:00 p.m. I had a lovely night's sleep, and actually made it to the gym for the 8:30 a.m. Saturday morning Cardio Kickboxing class. I've been very good about going to the gym lately. In the last two weeks I've gone to the gym 8 times (3 cardio kick boxing, 1 step class, 2 weightlifting, 1 club boxing circuit, 1 spinning) and went rock climbing once. And bowled, if you consider that an exercise. Sadly, muffin-top is still there, but I guess it's somewhat smaller. And I'm beginning to get some arm muscle so that's good.

Saturday was super fun. Lypstykgirl, Josh, Courtney, Courtney's friend from out of town, Max and I went to the Renaissance Pleasure Faire. The highlight for me was the faire food. Turkey legs and hard cider, could there be a better combo?

Here are a few pics from our day:


I really wanted both of these items but felt it might be a little gross to doublefist a turkey leg and a porkchop on a stick.


There they are cooking on a grill!!


Max, being Max, commented that somewhere in an alternate universe, there was a line of turkeys waiting for their human legs at a Renaissance Festival.


Group pic of everyone with their turkey legs, except for Courtney who opted for a strawberry scone with whip cream. I think this is a great pic of us.


It's silly, but I really love these wood picture things with the holes for your head. Incidentally, I had no idea that man was behind me, so I was rather amused when I saw the pic!






Either my enthusiasm was catching, or everyone else secretly liked them too!

After walking around for a bit, drinking several glasses of hard cider, and searching for the cheeziest but least expensive souvenirs, we finally sat down to watch the grand finale act - The Joust to the Death.





I sat in the cheering section for the "Black and White Knight" - how appropriate, right? Our knight bore a striking resemblance to Draco Malfoy so we shouted "MALFOY! MALFOY! MALFOY!" as our cheer, which made the litle kid sitting next to me want to cry. I guess little kids don't like routing for Malfoy.

Finally at around 5 p.m., we headed back home. It had been a hot day and I was exhausted. After a quick walk with Pig and subsequent celebrity sighting (see below) Max and I both took a long nap, grabbed a bite to eat, and then went out to karaoke. Courtney took us to a very cool private room place in Koreatown. It was not expensive and you could bring your own drinks and snacks. I sang a few super cheezy songs including Lisa Loeb's "Stay" and then ended with a hammy rendition of Boyz II Men's "I'll Make Love to You" complete with the standard R&B hand gestures and pantomines. I had a great time!

So far it's Sunday and I haven't done anything but eat breakfast and sit around. I plan to watch basketball and spend countless hours on my Agatha Christie computer game.

Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sis, when are you going to sing Aerosmith's-I Don't Want to Miss a Thing for karaoke? I heard it on the radio the other day again and thought of you singing along in the Bear Mobile ...hahahaha...You have to try it and tell me how it goes!

"Cuz even when I trrrrry and hoooooooold on, the sweetest dream would never do. I'd still miss you babe"

-"Rudy"

8:42 PM  
Blogger S said...

LOL. I'm afraid I'd get booed, even in a private room with friends!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home