/*

Monday, May 01, 2006

Weekend Recap

So this weekend was the Birthday Weekend. First, on Friday night, Max took me to a lovely Greek restaurant called Sofi. We'd never been there before - in fact, we'd never been to a Greek restaurant so it was a real treat. The outdoor patio seating was very cute, and it was nestled behind a quaint little buidling with a red tile roof, and it almost felt like we could have been in Greece. At least that's what I think Greece looks like. Having never been there, I really don't know!

Anyway, I was feeling camera happy (actually at first, I was feeling camera sad since I managed to drop my camera as soon as I got out of the car) and snapped away. Here's the patio area:



Next, I moved to the table setting:



And then I took a few of Max, but he won't let me put them up here because he thinks he looks bad in them.

So I made him take some of me:



And then I decided to take a video clip of the flaming cheese appetizer we ordered. There is absolutely nothing interesting about the flaming cheese (at least not interesting enough to take a video of), but at the moment I was just really excited about the camera. I'm going to spare myself the hassle of posting the actual video clip, but will instead show my pic of the cheese, post flaming. Not that it's interesting either...but my point is that I was ridiculously camera happy.



Anyway, the meal was very nice. (I forgot to take pics of the rest of the food as I was getting busy eating the food). Afterwards, we went back to the apartment to party!

A whole bunch of people showed up to at our place for Plumb and my bday party. It was really fun, and after a few hours the party migrated to Red Rock for dancing. Now having been to RR a million times, I was a little disappointed to find they had remodeled and was now going for a slightly more upscale look, instead of their old frat house feel. After harassing the dj several times (I kept, reportedly, yelling out "PLAY SOME HIP-HOP, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!") he stopped playing the groovy "ecclectical" music he was spinning and humored us with a few songs we could shake our booty to.

After the bar closed, a few of us headed back to my place, and spent the next hour trying to find the carry-out menu for "that one Thai place that delivers really late." We failed to find it but luckily Max decided to make us bacon and egg sandwiches. Yum!!

We finally made it to bed at around 4:00 a.m., so I spent much of Saturday sleeping on the couch and watching the NFL Draft. Apparently the Lions used their first round draft pick to choose a guy who has had FIVE concussions...you'd have to be a real diehard Lion fan to get excited about a guy who probably won't make it through half a season!

Sunday morning we met some friends up for dim sum at a place I hadn't been to before. I always like trying out different dim sum restaurants - each place tends to do certain items better than other ones. In general, this one was okay. It's called NBC Seafood Restaurant. I prefer 888 Seafood and Ocean Star. After dim sum, we headed over to a Ranch 99 (gigantic Asian supermarket) to pick up groceries. I was rather proud of myself - back in the day, I would have come back from Ranch 99 with several packages of ramen and junkfood but instead I actually bought ingredients to cook a few decent Chinese meals.

Anyway, that was pretty much the weekend. There was a Festival of Books in Westwood, where hundreds of authors showed up for readings and signing but as none of my favorite cozy mystery writers were there, I decided to skip. Oh and Max and I finally got around to planning our upcoming Ireland trip which is going to be AWESOME. I am soooo excited. There are some really cool places to check out and I plan on taking a ridiculous number of pictures -everything from fish n chips to castles - I can't wait!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

all the best stories start with, "after the bar closed..."

4:16 PM  
Blogger Plumb said...

Thanks again for hosting...sorry if I did anything embarrassing / destructive to your home. If it's any consolation, I didn't get out of bed until 5 PM the next day. I blame everyone else.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home