/*

Friday, April 07, 2006

Weekend Plans

So Pig and I have tentative plans to drive up north to San Francisco tomorrow. There was a bit of a family emergency earlier this week - Grandpa had extreme vertigo Monday night, and had to take the ambulance to the emergency room. After a few days of testing, the docs concluded that maybe he had a very very minor stroke in the back of his neck. But he's all better now, can speak English again (apparently on Monday night, he lost the ability to speak English - how weird is that?), can walk again without feeling dizzy, and decided yesterday that the new nurse they gave him wasn't very cute (apparently his previous ones were all hotties) and therefore it was to time to check out of the hospital.

The docs expect a full recovery, and I had planned to go up and visit. My mom flew into SF yesterday, so I'd like to catch up with her too. The only hesitation I have is that I was beginning to feel a little sick yesterday, but after three doses of Oscillo and a million Vitamin C drops, I feel better and expect to be able to make the trip. I'm going to decide later tonight - give myself some extra time to observe myself. Heh. Mainly, I need to make sure I don't come down with strep throat, which one of my colleagues has been sick at home with all week.

So tonight I plan on hitting the gym with Amol (I have been such a good gym go-er this week...although I have totally abandoned the training for Bay to Breakers...) , maybe grabbing a cheap sushi meal at Kabuki, throwing Pig in the bathtub and giving her a bath and a stern lecture about how she is absolutely not to pee on Grandma's living room carpet again, and getting a good night's sleep. I've already downloaded several audiobooks into my Ipod, and bought a new tape deck adapter thing so I can listen to David Sedaris and Sue Grafton on my drive up!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your grandapa. Hopefully he's doing better.
-aj

8:09 AM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

I would like to see you 'throw' Pig in a bathtub.

ha.

12:08 PM  
Blogger 3am wanderer said...

how's your grandfather now?

2:13 PM  
Blogger S said...

He's okay. THanks for asking. He is TRYING to eat healthier but he only likes food with a ton of salt, soy sauce, and oil.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home