/*

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Hump Day

Well, as predicted, my short lived love for "Ace" on American Idol, which had started to wane over the last few weeks, completely crashed and died last night. I was feeling a bit queasy when he started to sing Drops of Jupiter, I grew nauseous when he pointed to his HAIR as he sang the words, "With drops of jupiter in her HAIR, hey hey" and then I threw up when he pulled his shirt collar to reveal his SCAR, as he sang, "Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star, One without a permanent SCAR..."

I am shuddering with revulsion just thinking about it. It's like Constantine, but somehow worse, because it so did not work.

I thought everyone sucked last night. Not one good performance, imo. And the styling was just awful. Yuck. I feel like everyone this season is super mediocre, and I just can't really get into the show.

In other news, Pig is fine - recovering. I've been having a bit of a hard time figuring out the best way to give the pills to her. I've been putting them in her food, but I noticed she can actually taste them (whenever she tastes something bad, she flicks her head to the right a few times, like she's trying to shake the taste out her mouth - it's so cute that if I were a meaner person I'd just give awful tasting food to her for fun - but of course, I'm not and I don't) and she only ate half her breakfast yesterday morning because of it. Wrapping it around some cheese doesn't seem to help, so I've just resorted to my Grandma's method - prying her mouth wide open, shoving the pills into the back of throat and holding her mouth closed until she swallows them. She is not a huge fan of this method, and I don't blame her.

We went out dancing last Saturday - and had a great time. While we were dancing, a friend of mine shouted to me "YOU LOOK SO HAPPY!!! I'VE NEVER SEEN YOU SO HAPPY!!!"

And you know what? I was and am really happy. It's sort of funny that it's not something you notice - I think I notice when I'm unhappy much more often. Sort of like the way you never notice how nice it feels when you're not sick or don't have a headache until you are sick and do have a headache.

Anyway, Pig doesn't have cancer, my friends and family are fine and healthy, I just came back from an awesome ski trip and have lots of cool things to look forward to - a whole bunch of birthdays (including my own), Ireland, and maybe Hawaii.

And, Max is moving back for good next weekend!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Junarakasa said...

First of all, I totally agree with your comment about Ace. I did think he would be in the top two but after Tuesday night's super cheezy performance, I am not surprised he was in the bottom three again. I also used to like Kelly Pickler - but she is starting to get to me. I think the one I like most now is Katherine McPhee. But we'll see.

Belatedly, am really happy to hear that Pig is ok and it's not cancer. For a while there, I was kinda holding my breath for you guys and wishing the best. Although we've never met (you and I, as well as, Pig and myself), I was really praying for you guys.

Glad to know "you're happy" and things are great - and you're right about how we sometimes don't know it till someone points it out to us. But now that you do "know" it - ENJOY! :)

9:10 AM  
Blogger S said...

I like Katherine McPhee too - most of the time. I didn't think she was great this week and good lord, what was she wearing??? It looked like a leotard. I was really surprised that she was in the bottom 2 though.

I think Taylor is good too - but he reminds me of Constantine too much. It's the same showey/fake/incredibly indulgent crap.

Thanks for your comments - I sort of felt sheepishly cheezy after posting yestterday, but it is what it is!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Thode said...

I'm telling you, the best way to give Pig pills is with peanut butter. She happily took her giant horse vitamin every day when I just stuck it to my finger with a little Jif.

12:21 AM  
Blogger S said...

Thode - Good idea! I've actually never tried that, but if she took that gigantic pill with it, I'm sure that's the best method of all!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home