/*

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Hump Day

So along with the cute but ridiculous high-heeled sandals I bought last Saturday, I also bought a pair of shorts. Yes, shorts. I haven't worn shorts in years but the 15 year old store clerk insisted that shorts are IN. They are like, SO, in. And assured me that they are supposed to THAT short. Hmm. Okay.

This is what happens when I go shopping by myself, and go into stores that are manned by teenage girls. Stores like Charlotte Russe, Rampage, or the greatest offender - Forever 21. Why I have not outgrown this habit, I don't know.

Anyway, I have the shorts, and face another problem. Now, being Asian, I'm naturally tan, and when I get some sun, I tan really quickly. And I rarely burn, so that's good. Unfortunately my legs haven't seen the light of day in several months, so while my legs aren't "white girl pale" (sorry for the white girls out there, but you know what I'm talking about), they are several shades paler than my arms.

So I find myself standing in front of the self-tanning aisle at Long's drugstore. I've never tried this self-tanning stuff, but I figured it beats sitting out on the balcony, tanning my legs (which I try every year - which never works - which makes no sense to me since my face and upper body tan really quickly). Anyway, I skip the spray stuff, and the hard core self tanning stuff, and opt for Jergen's daily glow moisturizer stuff which seems like it won't be too severe and in all liklihood will probably not work. It's supposed to take a week before you get the full effect, so I figure it's nothing too strong.

I was wrong.

I slather the stuff on absentmindly after my shower, while eating dinner and watching American Idol. I figure, it's really just going to shimmer so I don't really pay attention to what I'm doing.

This morning, I get out of bed and notice my legsare definitely tanner but I also have 1.) significantly darker knees than rest of legs 2.) random finger streak marks all over my thighs 3.) pale feet - having absentmindedly stopped at the ankles.

Sigh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that story really makes me smile.

i suppose people like sareet look awesome all the time because they take risks, like jergens tan lotion. i'm scared of things, and am always afraid to look silly (which i often do anyway, i'm getting used to it...), so i never do anything different. my style suffers.... i did however, recently color my hair for the first time... i just got super subtle highlights, and i paid way too much for it. next time i should try a drug store box i think!

6:09 PM  
Blogger S said...

I actually look silly alot of the time!!

What color highlights did you get?

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home