/*

Monday, May 08, 2006

Weekend Recap

I've so neglected my blog of late. Sorry bloggie. I actually forgot the password for a sec there. I've been on the computer plenty, but have spent a ridiculous amount of time doing everything but blog. I've been watching tons of video clips on YouTube and playing mahjong online. Actually, I'm sort of off the mahjong, and have been playing instead a computer game I bought on Friday. It's called Crime Stories, and it sort of sucks, but I can't stop playing it. I got it because 1.) I love mysteries and 2.) I love adventure computer games, like King's Quest and Hero's Quest and Police Quest and Space Quest and even Leisure Suit Larry. My brother and I used to spend hours and hours in front of the computer playing those games. (speaking of my brother, it was his bday on Sat - Happy Bday!!) I have a cute story to share about that - when we first started playing the computer games, we were pretty small and little and we'd both sit in my dad's big desk chair. One of us would be in charge of moving the character, and the other would be in charge of typing what we wanted the character to do. Anyway we must have gone through most of the games in each series, and then stopped playing for awhile since there were no others to play. One day we got a new one and rushed to the computer, all excited. Except as soon as we, out of habit, went to sit in dad's chair together, we realized we'd grown so much that we didn't fit anymore. And then we had to get a second chair. The end. Cute, right?

Anyway, Crime Stories sucks but I can't stop playing it. After I'm done with it, I'm going to do some research and get a good one. I hear there is an Agatha Christie one, and even a Law & Order one!

But back to the recap.

Friday was Cinco de Mayo and a whole bunch of us were looking to go out. Except we didn't know where. Finally Max suggested a place called El Guapo, which had sent him an email proclaiming "No cover on Cinco de Mayo!" and promised all sorts of fun. I was curious if they had any drink specials so I called and the guy said no, but there was a "$5 dollar cover" that would also put you in a raffle for all sorts of prizes. Okay, fine. Not what the email said, but everyone seemed okay with that. By the time Max and I got there, they had changed the cover to $10, and the raffle was over. Since we were there already we decided, fine, and after waiting in line for 15 minutes, we paid the stupid $10. Unfortunately, some our friends were fashionably late and for whatever moronic reason the management at El Guapo decided not to let people in the bar for about 45 minutes. Also, they had stopped playing music and the crowd was thinning. By the time they finally let people back in the bar, they had jacked the cover to $20!!! So we immediately left and everyone went back to our place to drink homemade margaritas instead. I'm never going there again.

Saturday we spent lying on the couch and watching basketballs games. Pretty noneventful, but it was still a nice day.

Sunday, I did something really fun and different. I went rock climbing!!! I'm really proud of myself that I did it and didn't chicken out (I had agreed to go after having a few margaritas on Friday night and in the sober moments of Sunday morning seriously wanted to bail) and I LOVED IT!! I went with Sharkie and Benjamin to the gym at UCLA, which has a indoor rock wall. They very patiently showed me how to tie all the proper knots and how to belay and cheered me on and were very supportive. I think I did fairly well for a beginner with weak wimpy arms and definitely want to go again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way! I went rock climbing too a couple weeks ago. It was awesome! When you come back home, we'll have to do it together!

-"Ruthy"

12:57 PM  
Blogger Plumb said...

Hit me up when you're done with Crime Stories...I've got a stack of adventure games that don't suck.

2:45 PM  
Blogger S said...

"Ruthy"?

Plumb - heck yeah, I'll totally tkae you up on your offer. Crime Stories really sucks ass.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home