/*

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I'm Back!

Hello?

Anyone there?

My poor forgotten blog. It's been FOREVER since I've posted. Okay, technically since January 9th, but that seems so long ago. Max's grandmas mentioned in their emails to him that they miss my blog (they're so sweet!) so this is for them!! I've been up to all sorts of nonsense since January 9th, some of which I will share briefly, just to get this thing updated. This will be a gigantic post. Maybe will skip the Pig Poop Report though.

First off, I've actually accomplished some of the things on my "I am looking for someone to...." list. For starters, a bunch of us went ice skating one Saturday evening downtown LA. There is a very very very small outdoor rink that is open from November to January or so. Despite the fact that I've actually taken ice skating lessons before when I was little, I found myself to be a total klutz at it, which really was no surprise to anyone. You know what's not so much fun? Desperately clinging to the rail while hordes of awful small children threaten to crash into you and decapitate you with their skates. So, ice-skating is off the list and probably will not reappear again, until at least several years later when I forget how not-fun ice skating is and decide that it sounds awesome.

I also took a pole-dancing class - WHICH WAS HILARIOUS!! I rounded up a bunch of girls and we set up a private dance lesson with a company called Cat Moves Pole Dancing. Turns out...I have very little natural ability to pole-dance. HAH!! I couldn't even twirl all the way around the pole - I think that takes a fair amount of arm muscle...and coordination...and grace. Not words that are ever associated with me. What tended to happen is that I'd sort of make a leap in the air, get about a bit ways around (like if it were a clock, i'd get from the 12 to the 5 maybe) and then come crashing straight back down, feet landing with a loud thud. The only thing that I did well was a move/pose called the Peek-A-Boo, which my friend Caroline convinced me looked awesome and sexy. It doesn't. I know this because when I showed Max a pic of me doing it (yes Caroline convinced me to get a pic of it) he laughed. Not the reaction a girl's looking for. Actually I laughed too because it looks SO ridiculous. You have to have one leg wrapped around the pole, and then you lean over and "peek" between your legs - as Thode pointed out, it looks like you're trying to fart!! Maybe...just maybe... I will post it here for laughs.

Before I forget, I should mention that for the THIRD YEAR IN A ROW, I won the Super Bowl bet against Max. This year, we went double or nothing so now he owes me a mini-trip. Whoo hoo! I am a football goddess.

The weekend after the Superbowl was the Girls' Night out to Vegas weekend. Oh my god that was an awesome trip. I'm not going to recap it in detail, or share any pics ;) What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, right? I will share that I hit a straight-flush playing 3 card poker, which pays 40 to 1! And there was a visit to what Jessie referred to as the "Wang Club" (male strip club - the guys were wearing g-strings thank god - I was terrified that crabs and stds would fling off and into my eyes - seriously that can happen) and that we went to my first Prince concert! (notice I said "first" as in there's been more since) And it was awesome. Somewhere in the middle of the concert I became obsessed with Prince. Seriously. You guys know how I am - I really get into stuff and then become consumed by it - I Love Lucy, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (that might have been pre-blog), poker, World of Warcraft, etc - and right now I am on a major Prince kick. It will pass eventually, like all things. The irony is that I was such a casual Prince fan before the concert - I mean I knew some of his major hits but that was about it. And I hadn't really seen any of his music videos or knew much about him at all. BUT NOW I KNOW EVERYTHING mwuhahahaha. Actually it's been fun learning about Prince and slowly working my way through his discography or whatever. There's a lot to get thru, and a lot of crappy songs and movies actually, but there are really good ones too. Anyway, the concert was amazing - it was in a very small venue and at one point Thode even touched him. And then had her hand slapped away by his bodyguard. There was even an aftershow after the concert, which was free. We couldn't see him since it was in a small restaurant, but we could hear him and it was great. :)

After the Vegas trip, things settled down. Thode was in town for a week so we had Sloppy Joe night (she makes the best Sloppy Joes) and the requisite Boardwalk karaoke night. That turned out to be a super fun night actually - and I even sang! I did two songs, "I'll Make Love to You" by Boyz II Men (this was a group sing), and "Brass in Pocket" by The Pretenders. Fun all around. Woke up with a terrible neck pain the next morning because Thode and I had been trying to dance at Boardwalk like The Twinz who are Prince's crazy-ass-frenetic twin back-up dancers. They have this move where they whip their long hair around like a windmill...a move one should not try at home. Or at a karaoke bar.

February ended nicely with Valentine's Day and our 6th year anniversary. Max and I went to a Hawaiian restaurant called Roy's as sort of as a preview to our trip to Hawaii in September. Max had actually worked with Chef Roy Yamaguchi on one of his shows, so it was fun to try his food. Which was delicious. Maybe a bit overpriced, imo, but still good.

First weekend in March was a fun one. Max was shooting a short film in our apartment so I headed out to... the ponies! Erin had organized an outing to the Santa Anita Race Track. Honestly, I loved it. Not that I know anything about the ponies - I just choose names that I think will be gross and or funny to shout out. Prime example: "Scat Thief." The whole experience was fun - it was a very nice day so it was great to be outdoors. We just sat around drinking Bloody Mary's (okay that was just me) and enjoying the experience. When I got back home, Max's shoot had wrapped and a few people were just lingering around so the evening turned into an old school party - just a bunch of us folks goofing around listening to music.

My brother "Theo" came in town last weekend...and we went to Vegas! Oh yes we did. A bit spur of the moment - we had discussed it on and off during the week, but finally committed to it on Thursday night or so. It was SO much fun. THAT trip I will recap in detail, once he sends me the pics, which are safe for work :) Oh..and I went to the Prince concert again! I totally did, I know, I can't believe that I did that! It was of cours awesome, more on that later when the pics come (none of Prince tho, b/c he doesn't allow cameras). I'm such a groupie now! Yesterday the fortune in my fortune cookie was: "A Short Stranger Will Soon Enter Your Life." I took it as a sign that I should quit my job and go from city to city with Prince as soon as he goes on tour, which he is rumored to do this summer. Hey, life's short...and so is Prince.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sarita! I'm in San Fran. any suggestions of things to see?

9:23 AM  
Blogger S said...

Hey how long are you going to be there? You should come down to LA for the weekend if you can - that would be so much fun!

Well, usually when I'm in San Fran, I get fat and bloated eating my grandma's cooking and lounging in front of the tv, so I'm not much help there actually. On occasion I'll go shopping down in union square which is fun. I remember liking the Fisherman's Wharf area when I went there a few years back. And the one thing I haven't done, which I would like to, is to go see Alcatraz. Mainly b/c I like the movie "Escape from Alcatraz."

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally wish I could get down to LA, but I'm here for a conference with Google, and they have our every minute scheduled. So I have all day Saturday free though, and I fly out Saturday evening. I am going on a guided tour (!) of the Redwood forests and alcatraz with another girl, but then I thought I'd hit Chinatown and a couple other places before we have to fly out. Maybe I'll pick up some dried squid for Marco (consolation, since it looks like he's out of the tournament!)

7:52 AM  
Blogger kate g said...

delighted you're back. took you long enough.
:)
also, i miss pig postings. you should work on that too..... :)
(because i, the new yorker you've never met, can tell you what to do!?!??!???? not so much, but pig makes me happy, so yeah.)

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home