/*

Friday, April 20, 2007

Nightmare!

Had this awful nightmare last night - the kind where you finally wake up because you've been crying in your dream.

I dreamt I had a baby. A tiny tiny baby.

That's not the worst part.

I WAS THE WORLD'S WORST MOTHER!! I'd lose him and find him under a stack of magazines. I'd wonder if I remembered to put him chest down in the crib and walked in a room and find that I didn't even put him in a crib, I just left him on the floor. I asked someone how often I was supposed to feed him, and the guy said "Every four hours" and I said, "Oh, I've only been feeding him three times a day!" And I got distracted while changing his diaper, and I came back to find him hanging off the changing table by only his chin (dream illogic) and dying. So I went to my friend Nicole Kidman and started crying about how I was just such an awful mother. And I cried so hard I finally woke up.

Strange dream. I guess the obvious interpretation is that I must think I'd make a terrible mom. I asked Max what he thought of it and he said he thought it meant HE was pregnant. Funny.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

first, face up to wake up. kids sleeping on their backs die of sids less often.

second, maybe you just feel overwhelmed by something that you think should seem like a big deal, but is really just this small piece of life that you're wondering how to take care of. maybe it was just a dream.

i hate nightmares, especially when you wake up sweaty from having to run or escape.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home