/*

Friday, March 23, 2007

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY!!!

It's so sad that I just live for the weekend. Actually that most people live for the weekend. Life should be reversed - like you should live for the weekdays. Because there are five of them... I am a brilliant philosopher.

Today has actually been a great day for me so far. It's beautiful outside - sunny and warm. I put on a previously muffin-top-revealing shirt and lo and behold - no visible muffin top! Well, at least not when I'm standing. Sitting is a whole other issue but I figure that's just inevitable. Discovered that Chaka Khan song "Sweet Thing" last night, put it on repeat on my drive to work, and have it now stuck in my head, which is actually a really pleasant thing. Got to work at a reasonable time - a huge achievement. Had some unexpected good news at work, so that's always nice. And it's Friday!

I don't have any plans for tonight. Will probably hit the gym after work and run for a bit. I went last night as well - was supposed to go to a kickboxing class, but there was a lot of traffic and I couldn't make it there in time. Instead I ran on the treadmill, and did an interval workout, sort of modified from something I had read in a fitness magazine. It was pretty tough, espeically since I incorporated one of Benjamin's rules when it comes to running intervals: "Sprint until you think you're going to throw-up!" Luckily I didn't actually throw-up, although the guy on the treadmill next to me did look awfully nervous as I huffed and puffed my way through the workout.

Tomorrow night I'm going to Trader Vic's to celebrate Noodle's (Natalie) birthday. I really like that place. It's all old-school tiki ti-ish. And I love drinks that come with fresh flowers on top.

Sunday there is supposed to be a Tribute to Prince party at a club called Spaceland in Silverlake. I guess they'll be playing Prince songs all night long so it should make for lots of fun dancing. Also it's a costume party and you have to dress up from the Purple Rain era. Sadly I am too embarassed of my new found Prince love to email my friends to round up people to go with me. Seriously, I've been sending weekly Prince-related emails for the last month or so and I just can't bring myself to do it anymore. I think I will just mention it off-handedly at Noodle's party and hope someone bites. Wish Benjamin and Thode were here as they surely would be game for something like that!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, i would totally go with you to that! We could either go the Wendy/Lisa route and just wear purple velvet peacoats or the Vanity 6 route and just wear some straight up lingerie. Either way, you better slick all your hair over to one side and curl the shit out of it.

I wanna gooooooooo ::whine::

9:36 PM  
Blogger S said...

I wish you could go! I caved and sent an email out - so far only Rebecca can make it. Vanity 4 just doesn't have the same ring to it.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home