/*

Thursday, March 15, 2007

March Emotional Madness

So, as a general rule, the first day of March Madness can't possibly be a "Fleece PMS Day." Remember those? Those days when all I wanted to do is put on a fleece and cry in my office? But yet it is. Sadly, I can't wear fleece today because it's about 80 degrees. But there's nothing to stop me from crying in my office!! Woot!! Done THAT already!! Man, that bitch client is sooo on the shit list.

First day of March Madness is SUPPOSED to be awesome. You're supposed to listen to sports radio on the way to work, and NOT listen to "Sometimes it Snows in April" by Prince which will make you cry cry cry and ruin the eye make-up that took an extra 20 minutes to apply because you woke up looking puffy and bloated and is it really so much to ask of God to just look somewhat presentable to the world???? You're supposed to anxiously check the internet for basketball scores, and NOT throw a tantrum because your computer monitor hates you with a passion and just WILL NOT TURN ON. You're supposed to contemplate what bars you're going to hit with your friends after work to watch the games, and NOT contemplate whether anyone would really notice if you locked yourself in the office bathroom with a bottle of vodka at 11:00 a.m. Er, just kidding. Right.

I swear, if I catch even ONE stupid sad news article on the internet about dead puppies or orphan babies born with no eyes or families reunited after years of separation - I will go home. But for now, I will just quietly weep over my colleague's calendar which has a big picture of a googly-eyed cat saying "Why Does Every Day Have to be One of Those Days?" So sad. Poor cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home