/*

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Almost Friday

Was a bit bummed about Stephanie getting kicked off AI last night, but not surprised at all. It's just too bad - I did always like the songs she chose. I thought it was surprising that "non-fat Chris" (it's like he's a yogurt or a latte) was in the bottom 2. I figured he had a bigger following than that. Ugh, why even bother talking about AI - so boring this year...zzzz.

Ooh a show I really do like is Friday Night Lights. It's so good. It's technically "on the bubble" so it may or may not come back for a second season. I seriously hope it will - it's my most favorite new show in a long time.

What else? Nothing new. Now I remember why I stopped blogging...

Oh, there is a patch of skin on my back - sort of near my right shoulder - that has gone numb. Now that's a bit bizarre. I just noticed it recently - I can feel pressure on it, but no sense of surface skin sensation. I hope it's not leprosy.

Oh christ, so should NOT have looked up "leprosy" photos on google images just now. Now normally I would know better but while typing I just happened to remember that when I was really really young - probably 6 or 7, I remember being on vacation somewhere, and walking around a boat (like a naval ship tour thing) and there was this old guy who had marble sized warts/lumps all over his body - his face, ears, arms, hands - I was sooo horrified. I remember genuinely being scared and even at the young age, I was a bit germ-phobic and I remember not wanting to use the handrail after seeing him put his hands on it and I remember trying to hold my breath and not breathe too hard near him (which was difficult b/c he was standing in front of me in line). And he was nice, and he could tell I was scared, and I remember him smiling at me, and I just froze - I just couldn't deal with it. So just now I started thinking maybe he had leprosy...so I google imaged it...maybe he did have leprosy. Wow, trippy. Have not thought about that incident in decades and here it comes, rushing back.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK--about the numb patch. Try to ignore it. Because that happened to me this past year. I had a patch right about there that would go numb, and it got worse and worse over some months. I finally talked to my doctor about it, and she sent me to a neurologist, who did all sorts of tests, sent me to the hospital for this horrible test where they hooked electrodes up all over me and shocked me for over an hour! In the end, they found nothing, and the patch eventually stopped going numb. ??? Probably my horrible posture. I don't know. But you definitely don't want to go through electo-shock therapy!

6:02 AM  
Blogger S said...

Lala - that sounds terrible - like out of some horror movie. What's funny to me is that in my crazy head, I think it's more likely to be leprosy, than something like a brain tumor. I'm sure it's probably something like a pinched nerve. Probably from my bad posture or all those years of wearing a schoolbag only one one shoulder...

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home