/*

Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday!

So after getting all teary-eyed watching the commerical below last night, Max was like, "Okay, where can we buy some pms pills to make this stop???" Heh. Wish I knew. I think this commercial is a sign (I don't know why but I've suddenly gotten really superstitious) that Roy Williams will win the NCAA championship. Which, coincidentally, is who I picked to win in my bracket! How convenient. Bracket money is big this year - over $400 - which would really help offset some of my recently incurred Prince-related expenses...



Am feeling a bit better today, mainly because it's Friday and I just have to get through the end of the day, right? I'm looking forward to tomorrow - Jessie is hosting a St. Patrick's Day Party and has promised an array of foods including "corned beef...famous corned corn for the vegetarians...and (her) patented irish potato famine salad (now with fewer potatoes!)" She cracks me up.

I have been following a new workout schedule for the last two months which goes like this:

1.) First 3 weeks - work out really well (like at least 4-5 times a week), eat super healthily, sleep a lot, walk the dog regularly, take multi-vitamins, drink 8 glasses of water, etc.

2.) Go to Vegas for a weekend and undo all the good work you did the three previous weeks by consuming alcohol non-stop and going to buffets and/or and eating as much fast food as humanly possibly.

3.) Continue the downward slide for another week. Tell yourself it's a "recovery from Vegas" week which justifies not going to the gym at all, and indulging in treats such as baklava, gummy bears, ice cream (that new Ben & Jerry's Steven Colbert flavor is particularly excellent), tons of chocolate, french fries, bowlfuls of jelly beans, etc.

4.) Repeat steps 1-3.

I have now gone through this cycle TWICE. Whoo!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad your blog is back! Mine just has tumbleweeds rolling across it...

I officially hate March Madness right now because I'm so LOSING, and usually my "total guess" brackets do a lot better. My only solace is that Max is doing as bad as I am.

That's exciting that you are going to Hawaii! Shana just got back - looks beautiful.pr

7:37 AM  
Blogger S said...

I miss your blog! Get back to it!

Yeah, I think I'm in the middle of the pack. At least however, you didn't pick Duke to win it all, like Max's brother-in-law did!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home