/*

Monday, April 02, 2007

Weekend Recap

First off, happy birthday to my mom, who turns 39 AGAIN today! I've lost count of how many times she's turned 39 but happy birthday anyway! Also to ElliotPreciousPants whose birthday I always forget, but is either on the 1st or the 2nd! She is turning 29 for the FIRST time!

On to the weekend, which was, as always, too short. Friday night I picked up Zankou Chicken on the way home. That stuff is sooo good. There was a Zankou Chicken by Max's old apartment and I swear we'd eat there about once a week. Highlight of Friday night was definitely the chicken. Rest of the evening was spent in front of the tv.

Saturday morning I went to a bodyworks class at the gym (basically a weightlifting class) and then I ran four consecutive 10 minute miles! Honestly, I think that treadmill might have been broken. Generally I have a hard time doing three consecutive 10 minute miles so four seems a bit unbelievable. Was famished afterwards so I came home, ate a bunch of chocolate cookies (the logical thing to eat after working out for two hours, of course) and then took a nap. Max's friend Aaron came over in the afternoon and the three of us headed out to Barney's Beanery where I drank a bunch of beer, ate pizza (totally negating the workout) and caught the first of the two NCAA games. We were rooting for Georgetown, on Max's behalf, but sadly we lost. Boo. Now we're rooting for Randy's picks. Randy is Max's dad, and is the only person I actually know left in the tournament. I think the other guy is Randy's co-worker, who also won last year. If that guy wins again, he's barred from it next year dammit.

Saturday night I met up with the girls at Formosa. It was so nice to get together like that - it's really been a while. After dinner, we went over to Jones, which is right across the street from Formosa, for Jed's birthday party. By total strange coincidence, AD and Josh were there, and then later, Jason, for someone else's birthday party. How random is that? Of all the gin joints.... Anyway, Jones was super fun - here's a pic of me and Kate from that night:



Sunday - blah. I called it a "hang over" although it really wasn't so much the alcohol (I had only a few drinks) but the fact that I was totally exhausted. Got home pretty late Sat night and since Pig didn't go to Formosa and then Jones, she didn't feel the need to sleep in so she woke me up early as usual. Should come up with a better word for that than "hang over." I need a word that means "a state of being where one needs to lay on the couch in front of the tv and alternate between napping and eating junk food." Wow. I just described my entire life. Anyway, due to said "hang over" I bailed on Tyler's poker game, which was too bad because I really was looking forward to it. Eventually I managed to peel myself off the couch and take Pig for a walk to the pet store, where the stupid woman clipped off too much of her nail and made her bleed. Grrrr.

I'm going to end this post with a completely unrelated pic of me at the Rio buffet when I went last month with the girls. I tried. That's all I can say.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Zankou chicken more than anything. So jealous.

1:38 PM  
Blogger S said...

It is the best.

Are you coming out here soon?

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will someone please feed kate a sandwich or at least some zankou chicken (i don't know what it is, but sounds like food). Everytime i've seen her the last few years i think she's wasting away. you both look awesome.

completely unrelated, i saw sareet's mom the other day, by which i mean i saw someone who looks just like her. exactly like sareet but like 5 years older looking. i don't think your mom even passes for 39... happy b-day to mom and elliott!

11:32 AM  
Blogger S said...

You know what's funny about that tho melissa is that the image you have of my mom is from probably about 10 years ago (i assume from our college years)! Back then she really had only celebrated a few 39th birthdays!

Speaking of college years, I came across a bunch of pics from freshman year. I'm going to scan and put up a few. I wish I had more - I seem to only have a bunch from freshman year - I thought I had ones after that, maybe they're back in MI.

4:34 PM  
Blogger S said...

And I will give Kate a sandwich the next time I see her!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Miss Helpful said...

please, ladies. I can find my own sandwiches. and trust me, I do..

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home