/*

Friday, March 30, 2007

OH YES SIREE IT IS...

FRIDAY AGAIN!!!

Woke up this morning in a not-so-great mood, for no particular reason. I think I was just tired and groggy and nothing could get me moving. I even tried deeply inhaling my Trader Joe's Aromatherapy Revive Shower Gel to "awaken the senses" but I ended up accidentally snorting some of that stuff up my nose, which was very unpleasant and made even grumpier.

Next I tried to TALK IN A LOUD AND CHEERY VOICE!! BECAUSE MAYBE THAT WOULD HELP LIFT MY SPIRITS!! Like, "GOOD MORNING MAX!! I'M TALKING IN A LOUD AND CHEERY VOICE SO THAT MAYBE I'LL BE IN A BETTER MOOD!!! THERE'S COFFEE!!" Pig just grunted and Max shouted back at me "YOU'RE CRAZY!! BUT SINCE YOU'RE AT IT, WHY DON'T YOU TRY SKIPPING AS WELL?!! THAT ALWAYS CHEERS ME UP!!!" (sarcastically, of course) It was very noisy in the apartment this morning.

Anway, right. Am at work. It's Friday. Gonna be the weekend soon.

Speaking of which, I don't really have any weekend plans. Saturday night I'm meeting up with Jessie, Kate and Andrea for dinner. I hope this marks the return of our Monthly Dinners. Those were fun. Afterwards we're heading over to an old friend's bday party at a local bar. I haven't really kept in touch with the birthday boy, and we were never close friends to start out with so I hope he doesn't mind me crashing. Apart from that, no plans. I checked in the LA Weekly to see if there'd be some festival or event or something fun, but the only thing going on is a Guacamole Festival. Think I'll skip that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have started a cheer-up routine for mornings when I am feeling really grumpy. It works! Here's what you need:

1) Rice Krispies (or some fun cereal you like - I like those cause they make a happy noise)
2) Stevie Wonder
3) Coffee

Ridiculously simple but it works, I swear.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

even cheesier, i like to sing that "i can clearly now the rain is gone" song. also sounds silly, but works.

andrea's posting and emailing replying is acting up, but she wanted me to come on here and second the hope that tomorrow resumes the monthly dinners.

you are blogging like crazy lately. i have to come here more often.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home