/*

Monday, November 01, 2004

Weekend Recap

So to quote the lead singer of the Oom Pa Pa band, this weekend was "Super, Excellent, Fantastic!!!" I need an extra day to recover from all the craziness.

I had people over for the Michigan/MSU game on Saturday. It turned out to be a much bigger party than I had expected so it was really fun. Best part was that Jason brought a big bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken. So old school. I'd forgotten how good that stuff is. It was my lucky day - the two sides he got were my favorites - mashed potatoes and colesaw. Awesome. Worst part of the day was when ABC stopped airing the game and switched to the USC game, right before we made a touchdown that then tied the game and took us to three subsequent overtime periods...which we totally didn't get to see. At that point just about everybody called someone from Michigan and got their updates that way. AD would also shout out whatever play by play action he got from his brother. It was really funny actually. And we won, so yay! Later, a few of us sat around and played poker. Then there was a spontaneous dance party in my apartment and we just danced around for awhile (to basically the same three songs over and over again) before finally heading out to a bar called Red Rock...where we were the only non-costumed people. Anyway, it was a great day.

Sunday night, I got to experience what it must be like to be a celebrity. I dressed as GoGo Yurabi and a whole bunch of my friends dressed as other characters from Kill Bill as well. We walked down to the West Hollywood Costume parade and everywhere we went people would point out that we were from Kill Bill. It was like we were famous. Someone even asked to take a picture with me. We were missing a Bride, so everytime we saw someone dressed as the Bride, we'd take a picture with her. I also took a whole bunch of pictures with other GoGo's. The crazy thing is that everytime we posed for pictures, there would be other spectators walking by who'd take a picture of us too. GoGo never smiles but I was having such a good time that I think I was pretty much grinning in every picture, so even though I may have looked like her, I don't think I quite channeled her evil energy. Anyway, it was just really crazy. I mean, I've never had anyone stop and ask me to take a picture with them! There were several scary moments though when we were trying to walk past a stage where some guys had a fire throwing show. The streets were packed and we were literally chest-to-chest with everyone. Luckily, Rebecca was leading the way and we were able to get through it but there were some tense moments where I was really afraid something would happen and we'd get trampled. I mean, that was totally the kind of environment where people start pushing and someone falls and dies. While I didn't get impregnated as I had joked (that's how packed in everyone was) some creep did grab my ass.

Oh, and I peed in a porta-potty for the first time in over a decade. I go to great lengths avoiding those things and once I got in one, I remembered why, but nevertheless, it was sort of a historic moment for me.

Anyway, it was a Super, Fantastic, Excellent weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Plumb said...

Where are the pictures, dammit?

12:26 PM  
Blogger S said...

Oh, I want to put them up!!! But my crazy paranoid family is convinced that I am SO WONDERFUL that the minute I send them out into the internet universe, hoards of stalkers will become obsessed with me, which is why I've stalled on putting them up.

But, I think it's safe to say that's pretty unlikely, so I'll go ahead and post them today.

12:46 PM  
Blogger S said...

BTW, you are amazingly consistent looking in those pics!!!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home