/*

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Weekend Recap

Man, I wish I could have a 3 day weekend every weekend. Actually, what I really wish is that every day was a weekend day...unfortunately have yet to win the lottery, so am back in the office. (*sigh*) July 4th seems so far away.

Let's see. What did I do this weekend?

Friday night we went over to Amol's to play poker. Max came in second which was great. I went out fairly early which sucked somewhat because I had nothing to do but shuffle cards for the next three hours until the game was actually over. While I am an excellent shuffler, I do prefer playing...

Saturday was a lay around day. Oh actually Saturday we went to various stores to buy frames and other wall hanging things. The apartment is really coming together. Went to the library to pick up some of my Hamish books and discovered I had a $16 fine due to some late exercise videos. Which I never even used. The snooty librarian pointed out I got them for free for 7 days, and I had to resist the urge to slap her.

Sunday morning started out very poorly. Pig had diarrhea again so I had to take her out at 5 a.m., 7 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and then finally to the vet's office at 12:30 p.m. She got a couple shots and some nasty pills (which I have to give her every 8 hours so I keep waking up at strange times of the night) and I got handed a $180 vet bill. Wow. Really wish I had just fed her rice for a few more days to see if that would have cleared it up.

We had a few people over to bbq on Sunday evening. I gleefully watched as the smoke drifted over to my next door neighbor's window. Pistons lost (boo!), and we drank martinis out of my new glasses (yay!).

Yesterday was probably the most glorious day of the weekend. I read three Hamish books, took two naps, drank undieted pop, ate potato chips straight out of the bag, ate some chocolate, ate goulash (Max made it - excellent) watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Shrek 2 and Hell's Kitchen and I Love Lucy and a few Seinfeld reruns and a few Three's Company reruns, left a ton of dishes in the sink, didn't do the massive amount of laundry I have hanging out in the closet, didn't shower and never changed out of my pajamas the whole day, even tho I had to walk Pig a few times. Oh and Pig had good poop.

Now THAT is the high life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thode said...

Sorry to hear about Pig's diarrhea. Punk had gross bloody diarrhea the other day and I had to rush her to the vet just to find out that it was probably something she ate and she was fine. Grr. But since Punk gets it a lot, here are some tricks I've learned (that we are better off discussing here than the poker table).
- The "special food" they gave me at the vet, which cleared her right up, is Eukanuba Intenstinal Diet CAT food. Worked like a charm and you can probably just buy it at Petco.

- If Pig won't take a pill, stick it in a small blob of peanut butter.

- I take Punk to Center Sinai on Venice, which is a nice place and they didn't charge me for the visit at all - just the pills and the parasite test. I think my bill was $32... I'm sure Pig had a lot more going on with her, but some places overcharge for the appointment and such.

We should take the girls on another hike soon!

9:47 AM  
Blogger S said...

oh man - $32 is much more reasonable than $180!! I think the vet I go to jacks their prices up cuz they're located in beverly hills.

anyway, let's definitely take them for a hike soon. i could actually use the work out.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home