/*

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

For Free: 1 Can Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs (Nude Glow)

Well, I gave the spray-on hose a try, and it's a no for me. If you're curious about it, save your money and just email me and I'll send you my can of it. It'll be fun - like the Sisterhood of Travelling Leg Make-up. Because that's all it is - Leg Make-up.

I selected the color "Nude Glow" on the grounds that it said "For most skin tones" and while I'm Asian Tan, I'm not super dark or anything so I figured that would be good. Plus my legs are way paler than the rest of my body. Well. They really should have clarified that it was "For Most White People's Skin Tones." It totally did not match me at all. Basically you spray some in your hand, and rub it all over your legs, like a foundation or a concealer. In my dim bathroom, they seemed okay but holy shit when I walked out on the balcony they looked god awful. Made my skin very chalky looking - a bit like my face when I wear Clinique foundation, which has a very pink (read: most white people) undertone rather than a yellow/tan base.

So - if you're "most skin tones but mine" this might be okay.

Anyway, help me recoup the cost. If you'd like to give it a try, post in comments.

4 Comments:

Blogger Thode said...

I love that you test-drove this stuff, but I'm wondering why you felt a need for leg makeup in the first place? I always thought it was for old ladies with very-close veins (hee).

But save me the can and I'll make my legs all stage-worthy for our burlesque show! (When are we signing up?)

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've thought a lot of times about trying this stuff. Seems like a cool idea, but...

Does it rub off on other stuff also? Like what if you sat on a white sofa? When I put makeup on my face (which is always a disaster, by the way), I have to like soak my whole face in lotion first, or it looks like i tried to cover up zits with chalk. I think I would have the same leg problem.

I always had the pink undertone issue, even though I'm whiter than white. A mac counter gay boy told me once that it's because most people choose the pink colors, thinking they look pretty in the bottle, when most people really have yellow undertones... I can't tell what my undertones are, but he says yellow. Maybe you could spray paint windows with it, like fake snow...

7:34 AM  
Blogger S said...

Well, I tried it on because the advertising in Cosmo-type magazines work really well on me! I thought it would make my legs look model-ish tan/shimmery but instead, they made me look like I had been rubbing up against a chalkboard. Maybe what I need is some shimmer lotion or something.

It does seem to stay on pretty well, I didn't notice it coming off - but then again, I had to wear pants yesterday to cover them up, so for all I know, there's leg makeup all over the INSIDE of my pants.

meliss- that surprises me - i would have though you had a pink undertone. go figure. mac is way nicer than clinique anyway.

thode - let's do it today. i'm going to do it today okay? email me if you change your mind, but i'm signing and paying today. (otherwise, we'll never get around to it, and never end up taking the class!)

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I've used this stuff too. The only thing I think it's good for is use as a bronzer--but it is a hassle! I bought a darker color, trying to look tan...but spraying it gets it everywhere, and it dries too fast. You have to spray a small area, add a ton of lotion, and rub it all around. Lots of work!

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home