/*

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Weekend Recap

Hmm...

Oh, that's right. Friday night we stayed in and watched Return of the Jedi. Now, I know this is total heresy, but frankly, I just don't dig the Star Wars movies so much any more. I thought I'd be pretty excited about seeing Return of the Jedi, with the Ewoks and all, but I found the movie couldn't really hold my attention. However, what apparently does hold my attention is the end of I SPY, the beginning of RAINMAN and some TLC makeover show - as a result I didn't fall asleep until quite late, which was pretty stupid on my part.

Max made AJ and me an awesome breakfast Saturday morning - his signature breakfast sandwich with hashbrowns, which comes in at around 900 calories. Followed by a long nap on the couch, my favorite way to spend a weekend. At least we did take Pig out to Runyon Canyon in the afternoon. It was a great day to take a hike - maybe a bit too hot for Pig, who preferred to take long breaks under whatever shade she could find - but it was nice for AJ to get a good view of the city. After that, there was the incredibly stupid hour an a half drive to Venice (long story), and then to Santa Monica, where I got my haircut. And highlighted. And where I nearly broke down tears, because I REALLY do not like the highlights. I suspect it makes me look like Judith Light - very frosted. Gross.

Afterwards, headed over to Julia's bday party, which was held at a cool Brady Bunch House looking bar. Had a few martinis, spilled about $10 worth of them trying navigate through the bar(they were $10 each) and had an overall awesome time. Pics to come, as soon as I get them from her - unless I look like Judith Light in them.

We had people over to bbq and to watch the Pistons lose in overtime today. Boo. There are still few people hanging - AD and Jason, specifically. Sadly, they are on their 45th conversation about...what else...sports...which apparently holds my attention as well Return of the Jedi.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw judith light naked once. THAT might be the grossest thing i've ever posted. it was supposed to be all arty since it was in a play, and even artier because she played a cancer patient, so she was shaved all over. Eyebrows too. Weird.

I bet your highlights look good- you're always the style risk, and it always looks good so far as i can tell. I want to get some highlights, but I think my boobs are enough to convince people I'm a dingy blonde type. I need all the help I can get to convince people i'm a smart kid.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Thode said...

Speaking as someone who has personally met Judith Light.... YOU DO NOT LOOK LIKE JUDITH LIGHT!

People, listen not to Sareet - the highlights look great...

2:27 PM  
Blogger S said...

Thanks Thode. They're growing on me, but I don't love them.

Melissa - yikes!

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home