/*

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Dodgers vs. Tigers

Went to a baseball game last night - man, those Tigers suck. But like everyone knows, going to a baseball game is not about watching the game, but rather about eating food and drinking beer and talking with friends. And probably thereby annoying true baseball fans.

Anyway, in my case it was specifically about inhaling a greasy philly cheesesteak, a bag of doritos, half a bag of cracker jacks, some of Max's potato chips, and a beer. Followed by a stop at McDonald's for a chocolate dipped ice cream cone (and I do apologize to the drive thru window girl who accidentally heard me comment that my cone looked like "a big pile of shit" - which it did but it didn't mean it didn't taste good and it's not my fault that she had bad timing and popped her head back out of the window when she did to hand Max his milkshake) Shared the cone with Pig when I got home (having eaten all the chocolate parts, of course) who seemed to enjoy it tremendously and called it a night.

(of course I still had to get up at 2:00 a.m. to give Pig her diarrhea medicine, and she woke me up early to go out, on account of perhaps the icecream cone ....thinking now as I type this that maybe giving icecream to a dog on diarrhea medicine might not be a good idea)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sareet.

I just want you to know that I really enjoy reading your blog. I came across your site by accident - (you are one site away from a friend of mine). Your posts are very amusing, but some of them also make me stop and go "hmmm", "oh" and "huh?" - but mostly "hahaha". Your insights are HILARIOUS!

(Hope this does not freak you out) but I feel like I can relate to a lot of what you are saying ... I am female, Asian, working in LA (but living in Torrance actually) and also have a traditional Chinese family. I don't have a dog though. Anyway, just wanted you to know that I do check out your blog once in a while and that your everyday "musings" are much appreciated.

All the best to you.

Joanne

9:27 AM  
Blogger S said...

Joanne-

Thanks for your comment and of course it doesn't freak me out!
I'm always surprised and flattered that there are people out there who come across my blog and actually read it (especially considering how much I talk about dog poop and old lady mysteries)!

Do you know of any good chinese restaurants out here? I don't know where to go. And ordering is a huge hassle b/c I can't read Chinese and have no idea how to order the dishes I like. So I end up at Panda Express :(

Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting!!

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that problem too - I don't read Chinese and when I speak it, my 93-year old grandmother (who speaks super basic English) covers her ears and forces herself to converse in English rather than hear my awful accent!

Chinese restaurants in the area ... hmmm ... we regularly go to Empress Pavilion (Chinatown) for a good dimsum fix. ABC Seafood (in Monterey Park) has really good seafood dishes like steamed fish. I also like China Tea House (in Torrance) for their Peking Duck.

By the way, I also like Panda Express ... and PF Chang ... (American-Chinese Food also has its merits!).

I don't mind the many blogs on dog poop and old-lady mysteries. They are actually quite funny.

I am thinking of starting my own blog too - but keep wondering if I'll have the time to keep it updated. My goal is to start one when I get pregnant (just got married 5 months ago). That way my blog will be my documentary for my future baby.

Sorry to share so much with you - that's the weird thing about reading other people's blogs ... you kinda feel like you know them.

Anyway, hope you have a great weekend!

4:35 PM  
Blogger S said...

Oh I like Empress Pavilions too. I don't think I've been to ABC before but maybe I should give it a try. I've never been to Torrance, but hey - a field trip is always fun!

Aren't those lettuce cups at pf chang's so damn good? I'm pretty sure they're not really Chinese, but who cares?

You should totally start a blog - it's a really fun and a nice way to stay in touch with family and friends!

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home