/*

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Irony

After spending an entire day yesterday trying to convince some people to leave their family, relocate and take a job in Utah, starting July 18 and ending around May, I came home to discover that Max got called in for an interview for a job in Denver, starting July 18 and ending around May. Which would require him to leave me & Pig and relocate to Colorado.

I hope he gets it and I hope he doesn't. It would be a great job, good pay, good career move and besides his unemployment has run out and he really can't turn it down if he gets it. But it would be in DENVER.

Second ironic thing.

While walking Pig today down the street, I found myself thinking about how AD, who's been stuck doing sidewalk cleaning for community service, has twice found hypodermic needles on X blvd, right down the street from me. In my neighborhood. And I was thinking about how he said that I should just walk Pig later in the day, when the sidewalk cleaners have done their job, if I'm afraid of coming across one. And lo and behold, while I was thinking about how Pig and I would walk down to library in the afternoon instead of the morning and Pig was peeing by a little bush just a few doors down from my apartment, there was an empty syringe right under her nose. No needle, just the plunger part of it. (*shudder*) Luckily she didn't try to pick it up, but even so, I didn't quite feel comfortable until I gave her face a wash down with some astringent cleaner stuf f when we got home. Not that it matters, but it made me feel better.

Am thinking right now about how lovely it'd be to win the lotto. Yes, still thinking about it. And thinking about it. And thinking about it.

Gonna go buy me a ticket later today.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have no idea how many times- in CAMBRIDGE mass, yuppie haven of the earth- we got called ON AN AMBULANCE to hurry and drive lights and sirens cuz someone found a needle. And we had to go get it. Lights and sirens. Like we have needle-proof gloves or something (we don't). Andy wound up chasing a rouge needle around town one day. Someone reported that it was in a tree, and apparently the tree kept moving because the location kept being updated over the radio for almost 2 hours while they stalked the junkie tree. They finally found it on the edge of a sidewalk, unfortunately not stuck in a dead junkie arm.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Thode said...

That's crazy about Max's job - I totally understand how you would be torn on that one. If he does get it, you can hang out with me and Laura if you get lonely. We went surfing for the first time today and it was totally rad, dude.

Maybe there are a lot of diabetics in your neighborhood.... very sloppy diabetics.

4:47 PM  
Blogger S said...

melissa - you know, I got really stumped thinking about if I was supposed to call "biohazard" people to go pick it up. I decided not to do anything about it, since there was no actual needle but I probably would have called if there had been one. I suppose eventually someone will take care of it - but definitely not me.

Thode - thanks for the surfing offer, dude. I'll definitely take you up on it. I was so bored the last time he had to travel for work! I've been telling him if he gets the job, I'll either be in great shape from working out (having nothing else to do) or turn into a fat alcoholic (having nothing else to do).

5:42 PM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

IF he took the job, he would only have to relocate their through May, is that it? Why only temporarily?

7:11 AM  
Blogger LypstykGirl said...

Would you consider going with him to Colorado?

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home