/*

Monday, June 13, 2005

Weekend Recap

Let's see...

Friday night we went over to Amol's place for a reading of a script that he and AD wrote. They had wrangled up an impressively large group of people for this, and we all got free pizza and drinks in compensation for showing up. Normally I'm not a fan of these readings but I got to read the part of "Trisha" who was described as an "ambitious, evil, back-stabbing bitch." As if that were not clear enough, there was a parenthetical - "the bad girl." At first, I thought this was some sort of passive aggressive type-casting jab at me, but they insisted it was because they thought I'd have more fun with the part and that they figured I'd be sick of playing the love interest all the time. And you know what? They were right. It's AWESOME to be a bitch. Wow. Should be one more often. I'm not saying I read the part especially great, but I did try to be as evil as possible and frankly, that was good therapy. Anyway, the script was good and all in all, it was a fun evening.

Saturday was a cleaning day for us, in preparation for our week of hosting houseguests. Pig got a bath, followed by a manicure and pedicure at Petco and no, it did not go as well as the last time. I left her with the groomers, thinking that would be help, but I guess she was jumping and bucking and crying all the same. Oh well. She got lots of cookies afterwards so that helped.

On Sunday, Aaron, Max and I headed down the street to the Annual West Hollywood Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender Pride Parade. Ironically, the only few floats that we saw were the few we caught on tv right before we left and they were the last of the hundred some in the parade. It was fun to mill around and....gawk. Don't get me wrong, I'll all for gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender rights but frankly, I saw more fish-netted ass cheeks hanging out of lil shorts than I'd like to see on a Sunday afternoon. And bearded ladies. I mean, what's the point of dressing up as a woman if you're going to leave the beard unshaved? You don't see me walking around with a moustache...and if you do, please tell me because sometimes I get lazy and forget to um..erm...nevermind...TMI, even for me.

After the parade, we had lunch at the Hamburger Hamlet and then I took off to a meeting with my group from class. Joined up with Max and Aaron later at Amol's, where a whole bunch had gathered to watch the Pistons game. Max and Aaron were not feeling well and Max looked downright ill. We think it had something to do with the burgers. (I was fine as I had ordered the softshell crab sandwich - which is ironic because usually if there's a food problem - it's with seafood, especially seafood at a burger place) Anyway, the Pistons played like they had food poisoning and even I wanted to throw-up all over them. Seriously. Had I been at the game, I would have ran up to Rasheed and Rip and induced vomiting.

That night, I came home to find that yes Pig is a lousy guard dog. Not only did she not come to the door when I came in, but she was still asleep when I walked into the bedroom. I had to actually call her name to wake her up, and she clearly did not know who I was until I took a few more steps closer to her. So you'd think she'd bark, waking up to a stranger, but nope, she just stared. And stared. Until she recognized it was me, and then she rolled over to get a belly rub. Lousy guard dog.

And unrelated, I think I may be dealing with a dog with coke habit...she's been making all these weird snortling noises lately...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was living at my parents' house in pv a couple of years ago, Andy snuck (sp?) into the backyard in the middle of the night. He knew that my bedroom had a sliding glass door that led back there and he was planning on surprising me. What he didn't realize was that Parker, my ferocious guard dog, was waiting in the backyard. Apparently, for someone to play with. Picture it- middle of the night, a man she's never met before basically comes crawling over a gate and being sneaky. What does she do? She runs up and starts licking him frantically. What FABULOUS luck to have a new friend who comes under cover of darkness to play with her, when everyone else is asleep! She didn't even bark. Pathetic.

3:59 PM  
Blogger S said...

Hahah. You know, Parker and Pig need to have a play date...

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You name the time and place, man. Park loves other dogs. If you think Pig will be ok with her then I'd love to take them both up to the park sometime. God knows she and I both could use a little outdoor time.

3:29 PM  
Blogger S said...

She'd probably be fine with Parker, especially if Parker is good with other dogs. Maybe we can take them up to Runyon Canyon this weekend or something.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home