/*

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Pricey Hump Day Morning

Woke up this morning to a phone call from Paul the Mechanic, with whom I left my car yesterday. He confirmed that yes, I needed a new battery - and with one, my car starts fine now (had not started several times this month). Apparently the old battery was ridiculously and grossly ancient. Max had to rescue me from the dreaded Sav-On (where again, I bought pink nail polish - but that's a whole other story and it's a much more natural pink...and I bought spray-on hose so I'll post about that later after giving it a try) and jump start my car. Thank god for the "Itty Bitty Jumper Cables" that my mom put in the trunk years ago, before I moved out to LA. When Max lifted up the hood, he said, "Whoa - it's definitely the battery!" There was a ton of corrosion on it - really gross. Paul the Mechanic took one look and said "yeah, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know it's the battery." Come to think of it, I don't think I've EVER had it replaced - and it's a seven year old car. Hmm.. Should remember to do that again some time in the next seven years.

Anyway, of course along with the battery, Paul noticed that I should replace my front brakes (which I already knew about), my spark plugs, air filter and some other stuff that will all cut into my Vegas budget. Of course, I plan on MAKING money in Vegas, so I'm not worried! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home