/*

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Heartbreak Hotel

Well, to quote Whitney Houston, kind of (and not Elvis - I'm thinking of the Whitney and Faith Evans version here)...

This is a heartbreak hotel, Tayshaun
This is a heartbreak hotel, Rasheed
This is a heartbreak hotel, Chauncey
This is a heartbreak hotel, Ben & Rip

Devastated. I'm truly devasted. After following their entire season, after leaving work early to catch every game of the playoffs, after watching Around the Horn and Pardon the Interuption on ESPN religiously, after scouring www.freep.com and www.detnews.com daily for articles about the Pistons, after proudly wearing my now-shrunken-to-child's-size-and-as-a-result-revealing-chubby-midriff Pistons NBA Championship 2004 t-shirt all day long today, and after ultimately warning people standing by me at El Guapo (Mexican sports bar where I watched Game 7) that "I might bite you" because the game was making me so damn nervous and giving me a recurrence of GERD...the Pistons lost.

I am heartbroken.

Comfort me, fellow Pistons fans. Tell me we'll win the next one. Tell me that Larry Brown will come back. Tell me that it's like what Dumars said - that the team hasn't suffered enough adversity (quoted by Max, so accuracy is questionable) but will be even more resilient next year.

But please - please - don't try to comfort me (a la Grayling AJ and Max) that it'll be okay because the Detroit Lions are going to win the Super Bowl this year.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lions aren't going to win the Superbowl this year?

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They will be back- remember when it was "bad boys" tripeat, and "hammer time?" I think i had tee shirts that said those things. It was great fun, and the pistons will be back. As for the lions... they need a tommy brady! I love that retarded looking man!

8:09 AM  
Blogger LypstykGirl said...

I'm so sorry. I saw it last night and was so hopeful through the first half.

At least the Wings will win the Stanley Cup.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home