/*

Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Adventures of Punk & Pig in West Hollywood

So, I am Punk-sitting this weekend. Thode dropped off the lil one last night and so far it's been really fun. Punk & Pig get along amazingly well - in fact, this morning I caught Punk sniffing Pig's whiskers, and Pig didn't even flinch. Had it been Boris, she would have eaten him.

Dogs are so funny. Thode had warned me that Punk would try to sleep in my bed, and lo and behold, when I came out of the bathroom after my pre-bedtime routine, there she was, standing on my bed, tail waggin'. I don't know how she knew it was time for bed. But she's a very polite dog, so when I asked her to kindly hop off the bed, she did.

The funniest and hardest thing by far is walking them. Thode's right - they have very different walking styles. Pig is a charge ahead kind of gal, while Punk prefers stop and smell the flowers. This makes for difficult walking. We're getting a ton of attention - it's like there's a big spotlight on us. Random people stop and point and smile - they do look really cute together. Every block or so, I have to stop and untangle the leashes but as Thode had suggested, somehow talking to them helps. If I talk to them, they're more likely to walk side-by-side and at the same pace. Bizarre.

4 Comments:

Blogger Thode said...

Wait, no middle of the night howling? No eating of your favorite fleece? You mean she's just being a total sweetheart? You know what this means? This means she's only bad for mom. Punk, you are in so much trouble...

9:55 PM  
Blogger S said...

Haha. She did howl a bit the first night, but I'm happy to report she did not howl once during the middle of the night last night. I think she was pretty tired from walking to the office, hanging out at the office, and walking back from the office, so I think she just about passed out when it was bedtime

She did chew up a pink hedgehog rubber chew toy but has since pooped it out.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Thode said...

Great - I think rubber just passes through her system now. As do tennis balls and my hair. Ick...
Thanks again for having her! She cried for you and Pig on the way home a bit.

11:12 AM  
Blogger S said...

Aww that is so cute.

Sometimes I wonder if they're crying for the dog & person they just left behind, or they're crying about us having left them with the other dog & person in the first place.

Like - was Punk missing us, or just crying "Mom, WHERE WERE YOU??? Can you believe that Sareet WOULDN'T let me sleep in her bed!!! I kept begging but she said no. And Pig is such a bitch -she NEVER waits for me and always charges on ahead when we're on a walk"

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home