/*

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Creature Comforts

Discovered my new most favoritest show EVAH last night. CREATURE COMFORTS! I guess it's an American version of a popular BBC series from the creators of Wallace & Grommit. Basically they take real interviews of people across the states and animate them as animals. Adorabley cute and funny - even Max liked it.

Here's a brief clip:




Took Pig to the vet this morning. Turns out her thick waist and burgeoning pot belly are in fact due to the prednisone she is taking. Made me wonder if someone is secretly slipping prednisone into MY meals... She is otherwise totally fine, which is good. Still puking up poop on a two to three month basis but the vet and I have agreed there is just very little to be done about it. She is clearly unable to digest SOMETHING (could it be the trees, leaves, bark, food wrappers, etc she eats on a daily basis????) and eventually upchucks it from, I suspect, her bowels. Sounds a bit against nature but apparently it's not unheard of. Jessie told us a rather revolting story about a young girl who ate only funnel cake for several weeks straight and experienced the same thing. Ewww.

Max is having his "white people" meeting at our place tonight. "White People" is a group consisting of Max and friends (AD, Josh, Amol, etc - the usual crew I talk about here and then some) who meet weekly and write and produce comedic short films. They are not all "white people." Personally think it's a terrible name for a group but for some reason they thought it was funny, because "white people are funny." Whatever. Anyway, the mtgs on usually at Amol's but tonight it will be at our place. I think they generally meet for awhile and discuss proper group things but then eventually just end up hanging out well into the night. I'm going to make myself go to sleep at a reasonable time tonight tho - for the last few Thursdays, I've stayed up late for various reasons (hong's bday party, thode was in town, rebecca came over to watch Harry Potter, etc) and I've really suffered the following Friday. Like practically in pain. I am an old lady - I need my nine hours of sleep!!

Anyway, here is their website. Warning: most of their material is really offensive and inappropriate!

Anyone catch Top Chef last night? My favorite part was when Padma was like "You can fry anything...you could fry my toe!" Hahahahaha. Go Padma! Go on wit yo bad self! Hahahahahha. Now I am laughing at myself. I have no idea where that bit of "urban" slang just came from.

4 Comments:

Blogger wrong enders said...

hey thx. it's damn hard to do so. i jus hope my calculations are corret.

yup that's right...the 'chelsea incident'. she and i met in seventh grade and i went after her for two years. but we became really good friends this year, so we always hang out.

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that clip is hilarious. i will totally look for that show. i love wallace and grommit also- what's better than a knitting dog?

8:51 AM  
Blogger kate g said...

i'll be looking for it too, i hadn't seen anything like it but i LOVE IT!
glad that pigs weight is only due to the meds. hopefully she'll be better soon!
speaking of pig and shows-have you seen doggy day care on ...i think its on WE? this woman owns a day care/grooming place for dogs, and they have cameras following her and her staff and the dogs around. its a riot, and made me think of our 'someday' bi-coastal company! :)

9:12 AM  
Blogger S said...

I remember it being on CBS so look for it there!

And I'll have to check out that doggy day care show! I'd love to work at one!

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home