/*

Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekend Recap

Why must weekends be soooo short???

Just when I had decided to stay in Friday night, Amol called and told me he finally managed to scrounge up enough people for a poker game. He'd been trying all afternoon and it didn't seem like it'd happen, but sure enough, he'd manage to find six, including me. So I peeled myself off the couch and went to play poker for the first time in months. Lisa had also called inviting us out to the Roosevelt but I couldn't bring myself to put in the energy to make myself look nice. Roosevelt's on the trendier side and considering the state I was in (Friday night, unshowered, after a long day at work) it would have taken a monumental amount of effort to clean up. Going to Amol's place however, requires no prep time, so I pretty much showed up in my pajamas. Didn't win either of the games but that was okay - it was so much fun! I forgot how much I like to play poker.

Since I was out so late Friday night (didn't get home until after 3 a.m.) I spent most of Saturday dozing in front of the tv. We watched Music & Lyrics, which is cute, but not as great as I hoped it'd be. I was supposed to meet Lypstickgirl at the gym, but I couldn't muster the energy and had errands to do so I bailed. Unfortunately, didn't manage to get my errands done either. I suck. All I managed to accomplish was walking Pig down to Petco and buying her...what else....more cookies.

At around 7 p.m. we headed over to Jessie's for an impromptu bbq. I don't really think she was officially planning to have one and hadn't really even invited anyone, leaving that responsibility to Tony. Tony was wife-free for the weekend, so he was looking to organize a fun debaucherous Sat night, starting with said bbq at Jessie's and then on to Dell's, a karaoke bar within walking distance. Very fun night. Josh and I found ourselves sitting at a table full of food at the end of the night and we decided to do a sequel to a series of pictures we had taken back in the summer of 2004. Ahh....how we've aged (only physically of course...clearly not emotionally or mentally which is quite sad!):














































































We are so immature.

Anyway, since we got back late Sat night, I spent much of Sunday dozing in front of the tv. I'm seeing a bad pattern here, I think. I finally got off the couch to make dinner for Max. I thought it'd be nice to cook dinner for a change and had seen what appeared to a simple Tyler Florence recipe for Herb Roasted Chicken and Wild Mushrooms. It was fairly easy although I did run into some problems. I couldn't find kitchen twine at the store so I had to use pink thread that I scraped out of a complimentary hotel sewing kit to tie the legs together. One package of mushrooms I bought was completely moldy. I actually almost used it because they were oyster mushrooms and I'd never seen oyster mushrooms before and I thought briefly that maybe they were supposed to be a little bit fuzzy. But all in all it turned out really well and I even managed not to mess up the instant bread pudding I had chosen for dessert!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home