/*

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Beware!

Harry Potter spoilers are all over the place! What is wrong with these party-poopers???!! I'm all about theories and guessing but I HATE spoilers! Have to be super careful while surfing the internet for the next few days.

In the meantime, to take my mind off my HP obsession, I've been focusing on our upcoming camping trip. Called the park today - unfortunately all their pontoon boats are broken and unavailable for rental. That sucks - I loved hanging out on Max's pontoon boat in Grayling. They do have 14 ft fishing boats and paddle boats available on a first come first serve basis. Not sure if anyone will be interested in those however.

As for the pet rules, Pig is allowed on the boats, but not allowed in the water. "No body contact with water." Shouldn't be a problem since she hates getting wet! She's perfect for camping! She'll have to be on leash the whole time, even on our campsite, which is fine, since I was planning that anyway. I read a good tip about attaching a glowstick to a dog while camping so you can see where she/he is at all times in the night. Think I'll do that. I also checked with the park ranger about rattlesnakes, particularly in regards to dog safety (who cares about the humans, right?). She said that they shouldn't be problem on the campsites, but they do come out in the early morning and early evening on the hiking trails and that I should keep my dog close by. Guess I'll be skipping that activity! My biggest concern is heatstroke, for Pig of course. It's supposed to get pretty hot - almost 100, and that worries me a bit. I hope as long as she stays under the shade and hydrated she'll be okay. I'm thinking about picking up a couple portable fans and mini-mister things to keep her cool. I figure she should be fine - other people bring the dogs camping all the time in the summer. Worst case, I'll stick her in the car with the a/c on until dark!

Oh and I hate Michael Vick. I hope he ends up in prison.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord Sarita - Pig will be FINE! Dogs love the outdoors because they are animals. She does not want to be locked in the car with the AC on! You crack me up, though.

We took Punk camping several times and she was great. Loved the boat, the hiking, sleeping in the tent, etc. We never really left her at the campsite alone - just pretty much took her everywhere we went. I recommend that - if you're not getting heat stroke, she's not either. Throw a couple ice cubes in her water bowl and bring her ice water for hikes and that should be fine. I'm sooo jealous I want to go camping so bad now! Have an awesome time!

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarita, relax !! You worry too much. But i have to admit the same questions go through my mind too. Just make sure Pig is somewhat "tied" to u at all times and everything will be fine....i am just afraid she might wander off and can't find her way back (the glow-in-the-dark thing is a good idea). Anyway, can't imagine what would happen when you have a baby and have to take him camping :)

5:48 AM  
Blogger S said...

If I have kids, they're not going to be allowed out of the house until they're 40 years old!!

I think Pig will be fine. I actually think she'll have a great time. She loved when we took her down to the beach, and she loves to go hiking at Runyon Canyon. So. Yes. Fine. Like Thode says, dogs love the outdoors because they are animals.

But I still printed out a website listing all the major symptoms of heat stroke in dogs. I think I will make fliers and pass them out to the camping group. ;)

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home