/*

Monday, July 16, 2007

Weekend Recap

Cannot believe how quickly this weekend passed by.

Friday night we went to see the new Harry Potter movie at an IMAX theater. It was so AWESOME. I strongly recommend everyone to go see it in IMAX - the 20 minutes of 3D are spectacular. And the sound is soo much better than at regular theaters. I don't know if it was just a problem with Graumann's, but when I saw it on Weds night there were a few lines I couldn't understand. I figured it was due to the British accents, but I could hear them fine on Friday night - so probably the sound at an IMAX theater is just a lot better. Anyway, definitely go see it!!

The only bad thing that happened was I got pink eye! Or some sort of eye infection, presumably from the 3D glasses they passed out at the IMAX theater. I highly doubt they wash them between screenings. I did in fact try to clean my pair a bit with my shirt before I put them on - Josh says that had to be my downfall. He figures in my attempt to clean them I got pink eye germs all over my fingers and then probably touched my eye. I hate to admit it, but it does sound reasonable.

So due to the goopy itchy pink eye, I spent all of Saturday just sitting on the couch rereading a HP book again. Couldn't very well leave the apartment with my hideous eye and glasses. Max went out and bought me some eye drops that helped a lot, so by the evening, I was able to wear my contacts again. I really really hate wearing glasses! Anyway we had a big Sat night. First stop was at Lisa's birthday party at Q's. I watched Lisa do 2 Irish car bombs and 4 shots in about 25 minutes. Good lord, I was willing to be money that she'd be puking before midnight! Our next stop was at Edendale Grill for Kate's bday. Had a great time - the place is really nice and has a outdoor patio area so we just hung around and chatted with friends.

Sunday morning, we went to check out a dim sum restaurant in Alhambra. It's called Triumphal Palace - I liked it. The restaurant has a much nicer decor than most, and the food was pretty good. Only draw back was the price (a bit more expensive than most places) and the menu selection was on the small side. But I'm glad we went to try it out.

Got back home, napped and read on the couch. Before I knew it, it was dinner time. Max made up some really nice seafood kabobs and grilled veggie skewers. Yum. And that was that - the weekend, gone by in a flash!

Now I'm just counting down the days until Sat when the last HP book comes out!!!! Argh - CANNOT WAIT!!

Also, have decided to take Pig camping. A bunch of us are going camping next weekend for one night. I've been debating whether or not to take her - I'm terrified that she'll chase a squirrel and get lost, or eat poisoned berries, or worst of all - get eaten by a bear - but I've read up on some dog camping tips and I think it'll be fine. I'm just going to make sure she gets tied to a tree or, at the very least, me. I think she'll really love it! And on a practical note, I won't have to deal with finding a sitter. Also she is an excellent rodent detector so I won't have to worry about any nasty furry things crawling into the tent!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure you take me to the new dim sum place next time when i am in town. Max's seafood kabob sounds really good too... i definitely want to try that!!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Randy and Lynn said...

Max's seafood kabobs sound great--make sure he saves the recipe for the next time he comes home. Also--I think your idea of taking Pig camping sounds like a good one--she can keep any unwanted wildlife away.

9:42 AM  
Blogger S said...

McGriddle - I vote that we do a dim sum tour next time you're in town - we can stop at a different one every day!

Lynn - I think actually that Max got the recipe from one of the cookbooks he got last Christmas. They turned out great and I'm sure he'll be happy to make them for you guys next time he's back. Did you see the pics from the fishing trip? I love that photo of you at the helm of the boat!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home