/*

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hump Day

So, I'm sure no one will be surprised to learn that I did not end up ordering live tentacles at The Prince. I also passed on the "sauteed silkworms." Can I just say though, that place is AWESOME! It is even more old fashioned British-themed looking than I imagined. Really dark booths, oil paintings, velvety walls - I'm sure back in the day, when it was the hotel bar/restaurant for the Windsor, it would have been very elegant. Definitely Rat Pack/mobster-y. When we first sat down, Benjamin whispered, "I'm scared of this place!" altho once we got accustomed to the scene he mellowed out. I was a little disappointed that we did not get as many complimentary snacks as I thought we would. The reviews I read made it sound like you get more and more things to nibble on as the night wears on, but all we got were some chips & salsa, a kimchi pancake, and some pickled radishes. Hmm - it just occurred to me - maybe you have to finish the complimentary snacks before you get more? We all had a few radishes but I don't think we finished the whole dish. Or maybe it helps if you go with some Koreans? Benjamin had learned to say "thank you" and "I'm sorry" in Korean before he showed up but sadly I didn't hear him put those phrases to use. Anyway, we ordered two entrees - a spicy chicken which was not bad, and a kimchi fried rice which I thought was very tasty. Even tho it was a full bar, we stuck with carafes of lemon and lime soju. Soju is like a mild vodka - you can barely taste it. Lemon and lime soju taste like lemonade and limeade, respectively. Anyway, they give you little shot glasses to drink your soju so you end up having to refill your glass over and over again. I didn't leave until 12:30 - I couldn't believe we had talked predominately about Harry Potter for so long! I am exhausted. And I think I'm playing gpoker tonight - don't know how I'm going to stay awake!

2 Comments:

Blogger wrong enders said...

YO i just got back from hong kong. i just wanna say thank you for taking care of us when we are at LA. AND sorry i cannot make it to watch the harry potter movie with you =(

8:03 AM  
Blogger S said...

No worries! Hope you had a great time in LA and in SF and that you bought enough sweatshirts to you keep you warm for the rest of the year!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home