/*

Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend Recap

Harry Potter of course!

I honestly can't remember what I did Friday. I know I went to work, and I know I came back, but I can't recall at all what I did Friday evening. Probably because I was so anxious for Saturday. Oh, it's coming back now. Max made a lovely herb chicken with a mushroom cream sauce, and we just hung out and watched tv and went to bed early and I dreamt about HP all night.

Saturday - brutal. Woke up at 7 a.m., like a little kid on Christmas morning. The UPS guy didn't deliver the book until 2 p.m. so I spent the whole day waiting in pain. I tried to distract myself by watching tv, but found myself screaming into my couch pillow and rocking back and forth during the commerical breaks. I completely bit down my fingernails - a habit I thought I outgrew in high school. Now I have unattractive stubby little fingers. I was literally in physical pain - like that feeling you get when you are so fucking anxious...or like when you have heartburn. When the UPS guy finally came I was so excited I ran and threw open the door (much to Max's chagrin as he was sitting only in his boxers - he didn't even have the chance to hide in the bathroom) and screamed "IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HEEEEEEEEEEEERRRREEEE!!!!" at the top of my lungs. Proceeded on a marathon reading session and devoured the book in one sitting. I actually developed a bit of a back ache from not moving for hours at a time. Once I was done, I started re-reading it immediately. I only stopped to walk Pig, to pee and to eat. Even when I ate, I pre-cut all my food so I could just shovel it my mouth while reading.

I won't be discussing the book here but I will say I LOVED it. There. That's all I'll say. LOVED IT.

Finally decided Sunday afternoon that it was time to return to normalcy. Showered, changed, and Max and I went out to dinner. We wanted to go to Old Spaghetti Factory but when we got there we discovered it'd been closed. Sad. In our early dating years, Max and I went there quite often. Mostly b/c I loved the kitschy decor and the prices - where else can you get a plate of pasta, salad, bread, ice tea, and spumoni ice cream for less than $8 while sitting inside a bus inside a restaurant? We went instead to Pomodoro, a small Italian restaurant next to a Target. The food was quite good actually. No bus though. Afterwards, we picked up some camping equipment at Target. We got a 2-3 person tent (perfect for me, Max and Pig) and a sleeping bag all for $40. Another good deal! I couldn't find the pet lantern but I did pick up some glowsticks. Figured I'd attach one to Pig and the rest might come in handy some other way.

So. Hmm. Life feels a bit strange post HP. Will have to find something new to obsess about!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CRAZZZZZZZY SARITA !

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home