/*

Friday, August 03, 2007

The List

I was talking to Erin about my new August resolutions and she told me that she actually keeps a gigantic check list of things she wants to accomplish every day. Hmm. Naturally, this has inspired me to make up a huge obsessive spreadsheet. I've only designed it for six weeks, until I go to Hawaii. Six weeks to a Better Sareet. A few of the things on my spreadsheet/list to do or monitor are:

  1. Floss
  2. Vitamins
  3. 8 glasses of water
  4. Calories consumed
  5. Alcholic beverages consumed
  6. Exercised
  7. Walked Pig (at least 30 mins)
  8. Pig Tricks (spend some time teaching her a new trick so she'll stay mentally stimulated)
  9. Money spent
  10. Mind Improvement (have to do something each day that will keep me mentally stimulated - like a crossword puzzle, sudoku, or learn about something)
  11. Work Quality - graded as follows: Owesome, Weak, Lame (suggested by Benjamin, inspired by Harry Potter naturally)

Have done rather poorly these last two days. Definite gaps in some areas and too much in others. Will have to strive to do better.

I'm not sure what this crazy obsessive spreadsheet will really accomplish and I'm not sure why I think I need one but somehow I'm convinced that my life will improve and be more meaningful. Will keep blog posted on my progress!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting list, esp item #5 (alcholic beverages). Don't tell your mom that you have been drinking too much that you have to monitor it now :)

5:41 AM  
Blogger S said...

Haha, no need to worry McGriddles - it's more of a monitoring of empty calories!!! At 80 calories a drink, best not to have more than a few a week!!

10:36 AM  
Blogger kate g said...

hey dear heart!
i just got home from hawaii- its too bad we didn't coordinate better, we might have ACTUALLY met up..
anyway, i highly recommend kauai for it being calm, serene, and while yes there are tourists, its delightful. if you get a chance, go to tunnels beach. kinda tough to get to/find but worth it. also the queens bath, also a bit tough but more because its a hike down a cliff, but really amazing, saw sea turtles the last day there!
we also flew to oahu to pearl harbor and the iolani palace-which was cool and very informative :)
anyway, have a fabulous time!!!
(my pics will be up soon, promise)

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home