/*

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lake Perris Weekend Recap


"Dah-ling I love you but give me West Hollywood..."

Camping was so much fun. On Saturday we went to a place called Lake Perris, which is in Riverside, about 2 hours outside of LA. Pretty barren looking area - reminded me a bit of camping in Colorado, but without the mountains. I kept Pig tied to a tree most of the time - and I don't think she appreciated that at all. Especially when we stood far away from her while eating hot dogs. On Sunday I let her loose (no one else was around - the camp had cleared out) and on more than one occasion she just ran back into the tent and wouldn't come back out.

I wish I could say we did all sort of interesting things but basically we just sat around and drank and talked and hung out. A few of us went swimming (I declined naturally - I really only like swimming in heavily chlorinated pools) but we mostly just ate and drank and sat around. It was like an overnight picnic and was really fun. Here are some pics (I took some, Amol took the others):


Pig, tied to a tree next to our tent. I decided to attach two mini fans to her harness (blades were made of soft foam) to help her stay cool.


I don't think she liked being tied up. Or having two battery powered fans whirring right under her face.










Anyway, we had an awesome time!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Girlinitaly said...

That looks like fun! What's funny is that I totally notice the difference between Northern Michigan/Canadian camping (the only kind I know), and where you went, because it looks like there weren't any trees! Your tents are all out in the open. Hmmm.

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That place is really barren...like a desert. I went camping once in Upper Michigan, and I thought that was bad (the only camping trip I ever took). But in comparison, at least I got some trees and the ground did not look so bare... I still got a backache after one night though. Now I understand why Pig did not enjoy herself at all there. I think she hated the mini fans the most. But I like them, save those for me, ok ? Might come in handy when I go to Beijing to climb the Great Wall. :)

5:52 AM  
Blogger S said...

Yeah we had heard from a friend (after we made the booking but before it was early enough to change the reservation for the site) that Lake Perris had NO TREES. Luckily, there were technically a few small sparse trees we could hide under when it got really hot!!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home