/*

Monday, September 17, 2007

Weekend Recap

Well, my weekend kind of started on Thursday, since I had that day off. Spent a nice day just lounging around, playing poker online, and hanging out with Max and Pig. Oh, and I got a crazy stalker note - I had parked on the street and when I got back there was a note tucked in my windshield. At first I thought "Oh crap, someone's hit my car or something" but it turned out to be a crazy stalker note: "Hi I saw you getting out of your car and couldn't take my eyes off of you. I waited for you to come back but you didn't. Give me a call if you'd like to go out for coffee or tea. No strings attached. Pierre." Funny. Max said I should call, arrange a meeting, and then send our friend Craig there with a black wig on. Hee.

Friday I was back in the office, but it was a relatively light day. Friday night, we watched Pan's Labyrinth which was very good but very creepy! Definitely not for kids, despite the fairy tale aspect of it. Got a call at night from Kate, who had some unfortunate news - our friend Jessie was in the hospital. Luckily she is okay (seems like she had some kind of super staph infection) but she had been in the hospital for several days. I went to visit her Saturday morning. I had to wear a gown and gloves - I guess the infection is contagious and she had to be placed in "isolation." Poor thing. Anyway luckily she is recovering and was in good spirits when I saw her.

After that, Max and I went over to Amol's to meet up with the rest of the people going to LOBSTERFEST!!! It was totally awesome, as predicted. I got two whole Maine lobsters for $31! That is such an amazing deal. I wish I had some pics, but I was far too busy eating to whip out the camera. Benjamin actually ate four and a half lobsters. Amazing. Afterwards, we roamed around for a bit and then headed home. Max's friend Aaron spent the night at our place and we just hung out and digested our lobsters.

Sunday morning I slept in and Max made us a crazy ridiculous breakfast - waffles with whipcream and strawberries, hashbrowns, toast, scrambled eggs with green peppers and cheese, and fresh sausage. Good god. I didn't think I'd need to eat again for the rest of the day. Afterwards, we headed to Boardwalk for the Sunday Lions game. I love watching the game there. Everyone cheers and high-fives and it's such a fun atmosphere. About a dozen of us meet there every week (mostly Michigan peeps who have been going there for football games for a few years now) and the bar owners and staff are so friendly. The Lions have won their first two games this season!! Whoo hooo!! Yesterday's game was awesome - a total nailbiter! And we won! As we were leaving, Aaron said "This Lion's game has made my week." :)

So now it's Monday, and I'm feeling my usual Monday morning grumps, altho what is keeping me sane is our upcoming Hawaii trip. The countdown begins!

1 Comments:

Blogger Junarakasa said...

Sareet, Jojo and I were suppose to go to the San Pedro Lobsterfest too. It would have been great to have finally met up. Unfortunately we had a Sears delivery and had to stay home between 2-6 PM last Saturday. And of course the delivery guy came at 5:45 PM.

We are planning to go to the Redondo Beach Lobsterfest this weekend. However, I know you'll be in Hawaii then =) Have a great trip!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home