/*

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I am getting SO VERY excited...

...about Hawaii!! Last night Max and I finally watched these two specials on Hawaii that we had tivo'd months ago. It's so beautiful there - I can't wait to go! We also booked our rental car and decided that yes, it was worth a little bit more to get a CONVERTIBLE. Whoo hoo! Actually I think we got a pretty good price on it. I tried priceline for the first time and it was a good experience. At first I tried to underbid, but then the site suggested a couple other rates that they thought would be a bit more doable. I liked that and took their suggestion and got a decent discount. Next we started to check out some things that we could do there . There's a shark adventure tour where you get to go in a shark cage and see the sharks up front and personal. Every review I've read of that says it's really awesome. Also, I think we're going to arrange some sort of guided kayak and snorkeling tour as well. I think we're really going to hammer out our itinerary this week and do some proper planning. I am really really really excited.

I didn't blog about this earlier, but has anyone checked out Tim Gunn's Guide to Style? I loved it!! Made me a bit less angry at Bravo for all the Top Chef nonsense of late. First off, I love Tim Gunn, so he can do no wrong. Secondly, the show inspired me to clean out my closet. Okay, I haven't quite gotten around to that, but it did inspire me to THINK about cleaning about my closet. I have tons and tons of clothes that I just don't wear anymore and it's time I got rid of them. Basically, according to Tim and Veronica Webb, you should divide all your clothes into four piles: keepers, trashers, menders, and give-away-ers. After that, you have to make sure you have your "essentials list" - 10 basic items that you HAVE to have in your closet.

Here they are:

Basic black dress

Trench coat

Classic dress pants

Skirt

Blazer

Jeans

Classic white shirt

Day dress

Cashmere sweater

A comfortable alternative to a sweatsuit

Bonus: an indulgent, trendy item

Hmm...I think I have most of those, but not all. Anyway, I thought the show was great, and I'm almost more excited about it than Top Chef these days. And - it actually made me cry. For real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home