/*

Monday, June 27, 2005

I've Been Tagged!

ok, so NannyKate (aka Kate G) has "tagged" me on her blog to write up my answers to the following. So here it goes (gonna be embarassing, but well, it's not like you guys don't know about my strange reading tastes)

1) total number of books i've owned.
This is a hard one to figure out - I've always been a total bookworm, and I've read thousands of books, but I'm pretty good about using the library. So I guess I would say around 400.

2) what is the last book i bought?
The last book I bought was a Hamish Macbeth book ("Death of a Cad") for Max's grandma. I'm trying to spread the Hamish love around. :) The last book I bought for myself was an Agatha Raisin novel ("Agatha Raisin and the Love from Hell").

3) what is the last book i read?
Yesterday, while recovering from a nasty hangover (Sat night was a "Girl's Night Out" Night) I read Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. I figured I'd re-read it in preparation for the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 16 (so excited!!!!)

4) 5 books that mean something to me.

This is a tough one for me, because as much as I love to read...books generally don't "mean" something to me - I read because I like the stories and the characters and the world that the writers create.

But, I guess if I had to dig up some books that have a bit more significance to me I'd say:

Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Clearly - This was the book that started it all - my love for reading. My first non-picture book. I of course, bought all the books in the series and reread them religiously.

Portrait of a Lady by Henry James - This is the only book, that despite several serious attempts, I have not been able to finish. Somehow, I just get so bored that I can't go on.

The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan - Kind of obvious why it's significant, isn't it? I can just really relate to it. Plus, it's nice because my mom read this too - I think it is one of the few books we've both read. (She prefers to read Chinese novels)

Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding. Okay, I know this is pretty light reading, but damn, it's by far one of my favorite books in the entire world. Also, the only book where I actually got hooked onto it by reading an excerpt of it in a magazine first.

The Red Pony by John Steinbeck - I came across this in my parents bookshelf in my early teens and could not stop sobbing for days. Really wish someone had warned me about it!

5) finger (?) 5 untagged people and tag them in on this...
Finger - (haha - this is an old term used at my college's chatting network thing). Okay, well, I'm "tagging" 7:

Kate
LypstickGirl
ElliotPreciousPants
Melissa
Julia
Thode
Andrea

3 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

I second the joy that now I have a valid reason to procrastinate.

2:34 PM  
Blogger S said...

I'm glad it's catching on!

2:39 PM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

I think by far the toughest of those questions is how many books....I have no idea. Noooooo idea. As you know, I too am a bookworm.

So, do audio books count?

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home