/*

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Phone Convo w/ My Mom This Morning

Me: Hey Mom.
Mom: Hey! Oh I can't talk very long, I've got to get out of the shower!
Me: Huh? What?
Mom: Your sister and I ate it all in 48 hours!
Me: Wha...Oh the banana cream pie?
Mom: NO, the chocolate torte!
Me: Oh that's right. You guys bought a chocolate torte last Friday.
Mom: It was 5 inches thick - with TWELVE layers.
Me: Good god...imagine the calori- wait, mom, did you say you're in the shower?
Mom: Yes.
Me: Right now?
Mom: Yes.
Me: OKAY. MOM. THIS IS GROSS. I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU WHILE YOU'RE IN THE SHOWER.
Mom: (laughing) Haha, okay, I'll call you back in a few minutes.

Is it just me, or is it totally gross to talk to someone on the phone who's in the shower?? And don't even get me started about talking to someone on the phone when they're on the toilet....

So anyway, Mom calls me later and catches me in the car on the way to lunch with some of my coworkers. I tell her our previous phone conversation is making it to my blog and sort of ask for her permission, but not really. She sort of doesn't allow me to, but not really, by laughing and saying, "Well, I can't stop you, can I?"

But how cute is my mom - After hanging up, she calls me back immediately again and says, "Just to clarify...and make sure this gets on the blog - the only reason I got used to taking the phone in the shower is because when you guys were little, I was always afraid I'd miss an emergency call from the school or something." Awww.

But still...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to think that talking while showering is more dangerous than gross, but maybe that is because I fall down all the time.
aj

6:37 AM  
Blogger S said...

I fall down a lot too - but I don't think I ever had in the shower. Hmm..maybe once, slipperly soap or something.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home