/*

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Busy Bee

So, I haven't had much of chance to blog lately, because I've actually been really busy. Had a great weekend, blah blah, went to Lobster Fest, which I highly recommend to everyone. Provided you get there early and don't get stuck eating the crappy lobsters (the local weird little ones) that they serve when they run out of the Maine lobsters.

First off the RV trip is this weekend! I'm so excited and can't wait for the actual trip. I had no idea that planning on a trip like this would take as much work as it did. I don't mind, but I'll be glad when I'm just sitting by the campfire in Yosemite, roasting marshmallows.

Yesterday I learned that our 10 person Jamboree is in New Orleans, but they're giving us a brand new 2006 8 sleeper instead. So of course this means all of us have to go back and change our binders from the insurance company. I've called Geico no less than 8 times in the last few weeks about it. The customer service people are really nice, but my binder came out wrong every single time. The worst was the time they sent me a binder for a 1904 Jamboree Civic DX. The second worst was the time they sent me a binder covering the wrong dates. And then there was the binder with the wrong VIN number. And the binder that had yet again, the wrong year of the vehicle. And the two binders that had nothing on them about the RV and just showed proof of insurance on my Civic. Anyway - thank god, that's finally over and taken care of.

Of course changing the RV from a 29 ft one to 31 ft one meant that Kate and I had to scramble and confirm our campsite reservations to make sure that we could actually fit in there. These campsites seem very strict about people declaring the length of their vehicles. Anyway, some annoying phone calls and internet research later, we're all set to go. Luckily, our Saturday campsite sounds really wonderful - it's right next a large grove of sequoias and is great for hiking.

I tried to go to Costco on Sunday but apparently it closed at 6:00 p.m on Sundays. I got there at 6:15 p.m. (*sigh*) It takes me practically 1/2 an hour to get there, so I was definitely very unhappy about that. So I had to take a 3 hour lunch yesterday to buy about 90 hotdogs. I think I bought too much.

Well, that's all for now. Off to city hall to pick up permits for parking the RV in front of my apartment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Junarakasa said...

My hubby and I were talking about going to Lobster Fest. We were in San Pedro about 2 weeks ago and saw the flyers/banners. Of course we completely forgot about it. But it sure looked like a lot of fun. Happy RV-ing this coming weekend!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home