/*

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Pig & Thunderstorms

I knew as soon as I saw the news last night reporting "Wacky Weather" in much of the LA area, that I was in for a Bad Night. And I was right.

For some reason, I had a hard time falling asleep and tossed and turned for most of the early part of the night. Then at around 4:00 a.m., I heard strange noises right next to my bed and in my sleepy haze, I got the vague impression that Pig had somehow gotten herself stuck under my nightstand. That in fact, was not the case. Rather, she was TRYING to fit her 60 lb body under my little 1 ft x 1 1/2 ft night stand. As soon as I turned to her and said, "Pig?" she leapt up over my face and landed right next to me.

She was terrified of the thunder outside, and just could not be calmed. She kept panting and shaking, and wouldn't sit or lay down, but would just stand there over me, dripping saliva on my head. I tried taking her out to the living room and sleeping with the lights and tv on, but that didn't help. So she spent most of the night clambering around the inside of my closet. I don't how she did it since my closet is jammed pack with stupid things like 80 pairs of shoes,20 handbags, and four suitcases but she'd just squeeze in there, and then squeeze out, and the squeeze back in, and then squeeze back out.

Best part of the night - I opened my eyes and saw her standing there, staring at me - with a big black purse dangling around her neck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am laughing out loud right now. I know that must have been very scary but the purse thing is really funny.

Poor parker tried to "protect" me. She was barking at the thunder. I haven't heard her bark at ANYTHING in years. It was cute.

-aj

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, whenever you need help cleaning out that closet, just mail those shoes and purses over to aa for your baby sis!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home