/*

Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy New Year!!!

So Happy New Year!!!

I feel like I've spent more time in the car than out of it. Got back from Chicago on Wednesday. Mom took us for lil trip to visit my brother. I'm proud to say my brother is a true metrosexual - he's got a great little studio in downtown Chicago complete with hardwood floors, a little martini bar set, and a nice view. And he uses Origins' Ginger Souffle Whipped Body Lotion. Yeah. Anyway, Chicago was awesome. I ate a lot. And shopped a lot. Which is pretty much what my family does when on vacation. Some families check out landmarks and museums - we're all about food and shopping.

I was going to go out with Josh and Rebecca and some other folks on Wednesday night but I got roped into a mahjong game and passed out shortly after. I'm so addicted to mahjong now. It's terrible. The first thing I wanted to do was play mahjong when I woke up Thursday morning. Luckily, my family was happy to oblige, so instead of going out to eat brunch, we played mahjong. I managed to get revenge for the big defeat I suffered the night before, so currently I am down only $1. Whoo hoo. I'm going to have to find some friends who'll play with me when I get back home. Max and I tried to teach AD and his ex-girlfriend but neither seemed particularly interested so I'm going to have to ask around and see if anyone's up for playing a new game. A new Awesomely Addicitve game.

Went to my dad's yesterday and had dinner. He took me to this little Japanese restaurant. Very nice. I'm sort of an embarassment at Japanese restaurants. All I really want is a cup of miso soup and the house salad - you know, the one with the ginger dressing? So good. Afterwards, I went to A2 and hung out with my friend Michelle and her boyfriend Jessi. We decided to do the whole trip down memory lane and went to the comedy club where we used to work. I'd have to say that nearly 75% of the material from the first two comedians was the same as when I worked there. FIVE YEARS AGO. And back then, it was the same as when I first started, so the material is at least 7 years old. Which explains the endless Clinton jokes.

So I was all excited because Kate was supposed to pick up Pig today...but then Krazy Karen struck again. KK called me saying that it was pouring rain and very slippery and she had a bad feeling about driving so she'd prefer to keep Pig for another day and drive tomorrow. Then she spent fifteen minutes talking to me about what a cute movie Operation Dumbo Drop is. Sheesh. Kate and I are getting the distinct feeling that she doesn't want to give the dog back. Kate's had the hardest time making arrangements with her to pick up Pig, and KK keeps mentioning how she'd be happy to keep Pig longer. Cody had this problem with Punk last year. I think it took her an extra week to get her back. Dude, my dog is so being held hostage. BY A MAD WOMAN. To make matters worse, Karen told Kate that a puppy had licked Pig's eye and she had to put something in it cuz Pig had a "runny eye." Okay for starters Poor Pig. Also ewww....gross. Also, I'm really scared that this is like the understatement of the century and Pig has actually lost an eye. Kate doesn't think that's the case but she did point out that Pirate Pig would look kind of cute. Pirate Pig. Heh. Funny. Funny in a I'm-going-to-kill-someone-if-it's-true way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home