/*

Monday, February 07, 2005

2005 Resolutions - February Update

So, I was going to do this on Feb. 1st, but didn't get around to it. Wanted to take a minute to reflect on the "resolutions" (so sad, I actually put them in quotation marks) I made this year and my progress on them. Figured this was as good a place as any to take stock of what I have been able to do, and what I haven't. Maybe it'll serve as motivation. I'm going to rate myself accordingly:

E= Excellent. Completed.
VG=Very Good. Not quite all the way there but almost.
OK=Ok. Right down the middle
NSG=Not So Good.
NAM=No Attempt Made.

Okay, here it goes:

2005 Resolutions

PHYSICAL HEALTH:
- Floss my teeth six days out of seven each week....okay fine, floss my teeth daily.
NSG. Have probably flossed an average of 2x per week. Yuck. I know.

- End exercise hiatus and get back to the gym.
NSG. Went to the gym 6x this whole month. Went hiking twice.

- Take my vitamins every day and drink more water.
NSG. Only took my vitamins about 5 times this month. And am most definitely not drinking enough water.

MENTAL/EMOTIONAL HEALTH:
-Watch less tv.
NAM. Was in fact, thinking of getting Tivo...

-Travel - take short trips and take one out-of-country trip
OK. Have seriously been thinking about sailing trip in Greece and possibly London/Paris with my aunt.

-Learn...stuff. By taking classes and reading more.
NAM

-Volunteer
NAM

-Set up a tithe-ing plan and donate money regularly to a cause I support
NAM

FINANCIAL HEALTH:
-Get to work earlier and spend my time more productively at work
NAM

-Dress more appropriately for work. No more fleece at the office, even on hump days.
NSG. Have not been wearing fleece to work, but am currently wearing Diesel sneakers - not very professional

-Network more
NAM

-Stay on the budget that I made
NSG. Have tried, and failed.

Here are Pig's resolutions for 2005:
1.) Take a long walk (at least 1/2 hr) each day and/or go to the dog park.
NSG, although rain and injury was a factor

2.) Brush teeth every other day. Okay fine, brush teeth every day.
NSG. Only brushed teeth about four times this month.

3.) Brush fur once a week.
NAM. Have been too lazy to vaccuum after fur brushing.


So okay. Considering the fact that the best rating I gave myself was an "OK" for travel, I would have to give myself an overall score of SHITTY. Ugh. That's bad. Well, hopefully it'll be better next month.


2 Comments:

Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Don't be so hard on yourself--I see an area where you should upgrade. You said you went to the gym 6x and went hiking 2x--that's a total of 8 exercise attempts made for the month of january. That's about 2x per week--not so shabby. I think you should upgrade to a VG or an OK, because Jesus, you were on a hiatus. What do you want from yourself--were you expecting to jump into 6 days a week or something after working out almost never? I would say that 2x per week is a good attempt and on the road to where you want to be....

6:19 AM  
Blogger S said...

Elliot - I love you. :) You are awesome.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home