/*

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

2005 Resolutions - March Update

Well, it's been a short month and the last time I did this was technically on Feb. 7th, so I haven't really given myself too much time to make any changes, but since it is the first of the month, and since I don't feel like working at the moment, I'm going to go over my 2005 Resolutions and see how I've been doing.

E= Excellent. Completed.
VG=Very Good. Not quite all the way there but almost.
OK=Ok. Right down the middle
NSG=Not So Good.
NAM=No Attempt Made.

Okay, here it goes:

2005 Resolutions

PHYSICAL HEALTH:

- Floss my teeth six days out of seven each week....okay fine, floss my teeth daily.
OK. Have averaged about 3x time a week, which is an improvement from last month.

- End exercise hiatus and get back to the gym.
NSG/NAM. Have gone to the gym only 3x THIS MONTH.

- Take my vitamins every day and drink more water.
NSG. Only took my vitamins about 3 times this month. And am most definitely not drinking enough water.

MENTAL/EMOTIONAL HEALTH:

-Watch less tv.
NAM. American Idol seriously hurting the efforts. Also, with the rains, I've laid around the couch and watched tv a lot.

-Travel - take short trips and take one out-of-country trip
VG. Have decided not to go sailing in Greece but will likely go to London/Paris with my aunt later this year. Am planning on going up to San Francisco next month. Also going to Vegas at the end of April!

-Learn...stuff. By taking classes and reading more.
OK. I think that writing the UNTITLED KATE & SAREET NOVEL constitutes as learning. Plus I'm seriously thinking about trying to learn how to write Chinese. Might pick up a book and start trying again.

-Volunteer
NAM

-Set up a tithe-ing plan and donate money regularly to a cause I support
NAM

FINANCIAL HEALTH:
-Get to work earlier and spend my time more productively at work
NSG. I'm upgrading from last month because I've actually shown up to work a little bit earlier than normal this week. Also have been taking shorter lunches.

-Dress more appropriately for work. No more fleece at the office, even on hump days.
NSG. Am beginning to give up on this one. I find the green sneakers I'm wearing far more comfortable than anything else in my closet. Also accidentally wore flipflops to work the other day.

-Network more
NSG. Have gone out to meet people but not nearly enough.

-Stay on the budget that I made
OK. Have adjusted the budget slightly to make it easier to stick with. Also made some pocket cash from poker so that was good. And I set up an automatic deduction for my car insurance, which should help. Also adjusted tax thing at work so that more is taken out so that I can get a bigger refund next year. Or at least not owe money.

Here are Pig's resolutions for 2005:

1.) Take a long walk (at least 1/2 hr) each day and/or go to the dog park.
OK. Have been walking her to work a lot more often, although the rain did keep us indoors for several days. Not our fault though.

2.) Brush teeth every other day. Okay fine, brush teeth every day.
NSG/NAM. Only brushed teeth about two times this month.

3.) Brush fur once a week.
NAM.

So okay. Much better than last month. I think that the exercising is pretty sad, and I really need to work on the NAM's but overall, I think I would give myself an "MUCH IMPROVED" rating. Better than last month's rating of "SHITTY." We'll see how this month goes.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, hon, I think that you should give yourself more credit. The fact that you are even THINKING about your resolutions in March is a victory.

9:51 AM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

I agree with anonymous about that. But I'm not surprised that you are thinking about your resolutions, because you are a crazy girl. My resolution was to come to work earlier, and it has failed. I got sick, and started coming in late, and then, after I got better, I kept coming in late. Boo to me. I wish I had made more resolutions, because that would give me a chance to at least have some positives.

11:52 AM  
Blogger S said...

You guys are sweet. Maybe I do sound a little hard on myself but I actually don't take it very seriously. I like to think about things I should do better but I'm not very committed to actually trying. I mean, how hard is to take a multi-vitamin every day? Yet I manage to forget all the time!

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For things that you forget, that's easy to change. For example, why don't you try putting the vitamins by the coffee maker, so every morning you'll see it when you pour your coffee. Or, leave Peggy Sue's brush out, maybe by the cofee table, so when you are watching tv, you can multi-task and brush Peggy Sue. But I also agree that you're being too hard on yourself!!

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For things that you forget, that's easy to change. For example, why don't you try putting the vitamins by the coffee maker, so every morning you'll see it when you pour your coffee. Or, leave Peggy Sue's brush out, maybe by the cofee table, so when you are watching tv, you can multi-task and brush Peggy Sue. But I also agree that you're being too hard on yourself!!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home