/*

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Camping Food

So, I finally bought all the food for the two dinners during our camping trip...and I fear I went overboard. Max laughed so hard when I told him what I had picked up, and told me that when he goes camping, he buys hot dogs, a few burgers, chips, and beer.

This is what I picked up (bear in mind this is for 13 people, 2 of whom are vegetarians):

Hotdogs (50 some)
Spinach & Feta Sausages (14)
Chicken & Apple Sausages (14)
Louisiana Hot Links (12)
Sampler pack of mini cocktail sausages
Burger Meat (3 lbs - less than normal b/c it'll be hard to make burgers)
Hot dog and burger buns
Lettuce for burgers
Tomato for burgers
Cheese for burgers
Onions for burgers and/or foil dinner thing that Melissa posted about
Carrots for foil dinner thing
Steak sauce for foil dinner thing
Veggie dogs
Veggie burgers
Veggie fake-meat crumbles (for foil dinner)
2 big buckets of potato salad
3 bags of regular salad (fancy mix with feta and almonds and dried cherries)
1 5lb bag of potatoes (for baked potatoes)
sour cream (for baked potatoes)
bacon bits (for baked potatoes)
13 ears of corn
Butter for corn
sweet potatoes (4)
Baked beans (8 cans)
apples to make baked apples (6) per Melissa
bananas to make banana boats (6)
marshmallows (2)
chocolate for smores
graham cracker for smores

I thought it was a marvelous list, but in hindsight, I suppose it could probably feed a small army. Clearly, I'm not going to ask the rest of the people in my "food buying group" - Max, Jake and Grayling AJ - to chip in for my gross overestimation on what to buy - after all, I'm probably the only one who'll end up eating a baked apple, banana boat and sweet potato, so instead, I think I'm going to throw a bbq for the Michigan/Michigan State game the following weekend and use the leftovers then.

Max and I both agreed that the person who'd probably laugh the hardest at hearing about this list? His expert camper dad.

4 Comments:

Blogger S said...

I had a hard time coming up with veggie sides for the vegetarians!

10:58 AM  
Blogger S said...

Plus fiber is important!!!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I don't think Max's expert camper dad would laugh at all. He also likes to eat well in the great outdoors. This looks like a list he would approve of. Max is the minimalist.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Lynn, my thoughts exactly. Randy might even find this list lacking...
Don't worry Sareet--you're just taking care of your friends!

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home